• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Necro Press Release] Necromancer to Publish Monster Book "Tome of Horrors"

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Nope. We are doing several animals, but those are not in there.

You could always use a monkey's stats for a chimp and an ape for a gorilla.

Dolphin would be say 2d8+2 (11 hp), AC 15, for example.

Frilf

Explorer
DOH! Sorry about the redundancy there. I'm also sorry about being redundant.

The mention of the OGC must have slipped by me in a moment of uncontrollable, drooling excitement. Very cool, Clark. Keep up the good work! This should be a wonderful tool and resource not only for gamers, but for d20 for publishers (myself included), as well. Kudos again! :)

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Frilf said:
DOH! Sorry about the redundancy there. I'm also sorry about being redundant.

The mention of the OGC must have slipped by me in a moment of uncontrollable, drooling excitement. Very cool, Clark. Keep up the good work! This should be a wonderful tool and resource not only for gamers, but for d20 for publishers (myself included), as well. Kudos again! :)

I believe you will be most pleased with the final product.

coyote6

Adventurer
Re: How about natural animals?

Heretic Apostate said:
I've searched and searched, and can't find the dolphin, chimpanzee or the gorilla in the MM. So, will they be in there?

To second what the King of Monsters said, use the MM's ape for a gorilla; I'd also use the MM's monkey for a chimp, but I'd advance it to Small size* and 2 HD or so. The MM has a porpoise in it, so I'd use that for a dolphin.

*(Say, anybody noticed the advancement entry for the MM monkey? A regular 1 HD monkey is Tiny, but a 2 or 3 HD monkey is Medium-size. In the D&D world, there are no Small monkeys, just cat-sized and human-sized monkeys? Either that or the Advancement entry should say Small . . . ;) )

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Re: Re: How about natural animals?

coyote6 said:

*(Say, anybody noticed the advancement entry for the MM monkey? A regular 1 HD monkey is Tiny, but a 2 or 3 HD monkey is Medium-size. In the D&D world, there are no Small monkeys, just cat-sized and human-sized monkeys? Either that or the Advancement entry should say Small . . . ;) )

Yeppers- check out the Advancement Range for the Lemure as well. It seems to get smaller as it advances. :)

What's funny is that neither was mentioned in the MM errata.

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Re: How about natural animals?

Grazzt said:

Yeppers- check out the Advancement Range for the Lemure as well. It seems to get smaller as it advances. :)

What's funny is that neither was mentioned in the MM errata.

I don't find it disingenuous at all... since the advent of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the mightiest of beasts, the tarrasque, has been found to advance and evolve into a Tiny beast...

The killer rabbit.

Makes sense to me that things get tougher as they get smaller - after all, they get harder to hit and get big nasty sharp pointed teeth...

--The Sigil:rolleyes:

skeetyrbug

First Post
Just so everybody here knows, these guys (Scott and Clark) have put a TON of hard work into this book. Scott has gone on about, what, 4 hours sleep forever doing his conversions and set up. Lots of posts about this at Necro message boards. Im just here to thank them again for the effort that will be appreciated by all gamers. This book is going to be on of those "special" pieces for anyone to have. I just hope to get one before they sell out!!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads