• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Necro] Press Release--Wilderlands the First Setting for 3.5

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Orcus said:

dwarfie, I see you noticed my post-Valterra "press release" strategy. I called for WotC to respond on the various boards of which I am a member where this stuff is discussed. I said, "hey, come in here and say if what AV did is OK because I know for sure we would all like to do this. Silence will be considered permission." I got silence. So lets see what happens. AV continues to maintain that mentioning this stuff in a "press release" is fine. I dont care one way or another.

Clark

Yep, I pay attention! :)

And I love it....

Orcus

First Post
Nah, the motto stays for now. I dont know what I am going to do when 4th Ed rolls around, however. Ask me then :)

As for Warcraft, if they beat us, great. Just cause they said it first doesnt mean the will actually be first.

Clark

Melan

Explorer
Wasn't the City State originally published in 1976? I will have to check it once I get home, but I am sure it wasn't 1977.

Ed Cha

Community Supporter
I'll be among the first in line to pick up a copy at Gen Con! I am a big fan of Judges Guild stuff and can't wait to see what the d20 version of this looks like. :)

Orcus

First Post
Frankly, I am trying to flush out the WotC folk from the woodwork and get them to say that you cant do this. I dont think you should be able to. But Anthony Valterra did it. So I dont think there should be two sets of rules--one set for the WotC d20 guys and one set for everyone else. So until they stop him, I will be doing lots of press releases indicating that ALL MY PRODUCTS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS.tm

And I might have to make some "press releases" and mail them to retailers to post by my products. And maybe hand some out with my products at GenCon. Or, more boldly, shrink wrap the press release right with the product itself.

Come on, WotC, take the bait here! Say that Valterra shouldnt have done what he did. Say that you cant do it and I will happily stop what I am doing.

If not, I will be happy to play by the rules that WotC is sanctioning.

Clark

Cergorach

The Laughing One
How about stickers that retailers can stick onto your products that say such naughty things.

Keep ratteling that cage Clark, your our OGL/D20 guru, and if your confused we are, well, beyond help ;-)

Orcus

First Post
Andy from WotC issued an answer addressing some of the things I wanted addressed. I think that was a real good move by him. He is to be applauded. Though I still have a few things I would like answered, as a show of good faith on my part, I am going to edit my initial post to remove references to trademarks.

Clark

Frilf

Explorer
Just as a friendly reminder, Clark, you'll want to also edit your post about two-three posts back. It also mentions the trademark that cannot be named. :)

Remove ads