Necromancer Games NOT going with current GSL.

Obryn

Hero
(1) the GSL is a total failure, unable to draw any substantial support from 3rd parties.
Don't you think that's a bit premature?

Clearly it's not popular with existing 3pp's - and for pretty good reason, I might add. That's no reason to assume that it will be unpopular with new, or old non-OGL 3pp's. Case in point: Red Brick for Earthdawn 4e.

-O

davethegame

Explorer
I think that it is clear that either:

(1) the GSL is a total failure, unable to draw any substantial support from 3rd parties.

or

(2) the GSL is a total SUCCESS! WotC has effectively ended 3rd party support. Now all the profits are just waiting for themselves.

I just did a round-up of all the 3rd PPs that I knew about:
http://www.critical-hits.com/2008/07/31/3rd-party-dd-gslogl-publishers/

And I came to the same conclusions as you, stated in a slightly less cynical way.

Doug McCrae

Legend
I found this comment interesting -
If the GSL issues are resolved, Necro and Paizo will be bringing you some amazing products that we already have lined up and in the hopper. Seriously, there are several awesome products literally ready to go just awaiting the fixing of the issues with the GSL.
Seems to indicate that Paizo has comissioned and received several 4e compatible adventures.

SavageRobby

First Post
Wow. While I'm not totally surprised at reading that from Clark, I'm definitely somewhat surprised. Clark has been the staunchest public supporter of the GSL and WotC (of the major 3PPs) and to see him publicly declare he won't use it in its current form (at least, without some major clarification) is, well, a definite turnaround.

I tend to agree with the cynics. This is almost a total backfire for WotC ... or a total win. And if they think it is a win, well, more's the shame.

Remove ads