Necromancer Games NOT going with current GSL.

Jasperak

Adventurer
Oh, you're certainly right that word-of-mouth is quite important. It was just your question positing that no one here picked it up in another way that I could guess would be multiply refuted.

As for me, I introduced...let's see--5 people in my first group, then 3 more in the second, plus 10 younger players, then 14 more in the third and fourth groups. Soooo, 32 people (I'm sure I missed a few). Of those, a little under half still play.

Ok just our two posts show about 50+ people introduced to D&D by another player versus 2 that were not. Anecdotal, but still leads to my point that name recognition is not that important when choosing a game system. Its all about the community and local network of players.

Roland55

First Post
July has really not been good to me this year. :.-(

This. This is what angers me.

We are losing access to the products of creative minds ... people with proven track records. So -- if they don't happen to work at WOTC, I won't get to enjoy their work in 4E??!

Who cares about the Edition number?? I'll play whatever I please, whenever I please, however I please.

Without quality products from creative people like Mr. Marmell, the entire game starts looking ... a lot less "fun." :rant:

Can we drop the "4e fans suck more - no, 3e fans suck more" derailment? Or at least fork it?

Just because the "other side" has the most recent post, doesn't mean you have to post a rebuttal. Last post doesn't win. No one wins.

Roland55

First Post
Can we drop the "4e fans suck more - no, 3e fans suck more" derailment? Or at least fork it?

Just because the "other side" has the most recent post, doesn't mean you have to post a rebuttal. Last post doesn't win. No one wins.

Agreed. Please.

Someone asked: how many have we introduced to D&D?

Somewhere near 100. I wasn't kidding when I called myself a Jurassic Gamer. When you've got that much time, you can do a lot of proselytizing. B-)

Gothmog

First Post
This. This is what angers me.

We are losing access to the products of creative minds ... people with proven track records. So -- if they don't happen to work at WOTC, I won't get to enjoy their work in 4E??!

Who cares about the Edition number?? I'll play whatever I please, whenever I please, however I please.

Without quality products from creative people like Mr. Marmell, the entire game starts looking ... a lot less "fun." :rant:

Exactly. I was REALLY looking forward to Ari's stuff for 4e. He seems enthusiastic about the new system, and I love his other work- I know the new stuff would have been PURE WIN.

Drkfathr1

First Post
I guess the best we can hope is that Necromancer eventually goes with a systemless product or the copywrite route...although Clark seems to be avoiding that idea.

I really like 4E and wish it could get the support that 3E had. I think we're going to miss out on alot of innovative and exciting products. I fear 4E is going to be big at first, and then quickly die off as the hobby itself continues to shrink.

Plus the longer it takes the DDI to fully launch, the less likely I think it will.

Exactly. I was REALLY looking forward to Ari's stuff for 4e. He seems enthusiastic about the new system, and I love his other work- I know the new stuff would have been PURE WIN.

I'm flattered, guys, and I share your frustration--not just for my own work, but others' work that I'd like to see.

But don't throw in the towel just yet. As Clark said in his initial post, he's still hoping to work stuff out. I'm not going to pretend that I'm not worried or frustration, but I'm going to cling to hope as long as I have it. ;)

Glyfair

Explorer
Last I heard he was still one of the main guys working on the 4E Eberron setting. I am looking forward to that.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see him work with some other companies with 4E products. We may see his work in many forms (indeed, we know we'll see him in the online magazines).

Hussar

Legend
This just sucks.

I've been a strong "wait and see" person myself. Tried not to get too worked up about it and not worry too much.

But this blows. I like Necro stuff. They were one of the few remaining 3pp that actually supported D&D. When GR decided not to go 4e, I didn't see it as that much of a big deal to be honest since GR had stopped supporting D&D in any meaningful way years ago. ((Sorry, I don't consider a handful of modules over a 2 year period meaningful support)) But Necro has consistently tried to support D&D.

Color me a sad panda.

Remove ads