Necromancer Games Under Fire?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well, I've read this (or rather read section 2 and glanced over the rest) but failed to receive an answer.

Sections like "A judge must avoid all impropriety and appearance of impropriety. A judge must expect to be the subject of constant public scrutiny" or "The test for violation of this Canon is whether the conduct would create in reasonable minds a perception that the judge’s ability to carry out judicial responsibilities with integrity, impartiality and competence is impaired" don't help.

That's almost boilerplate language for most USA judicial CoCs. It also pops up in CoCs for most of our higher elected officials.

The reason it is so broad is because they're trying to cast a wide net, covering as many things as they can think of as well as those that haven't been thought of...yet...while using an efficient amount of text.

All that said, I find it improbable that he'll actually be disciplined for D&D...and I wouldn't want to be the attorney who filed this complaint if he ever had to go before him in the future.

Argyle King

Legend
Maybe it's just me, but having to write rules for a game as complex as a rpg and create products for the same game seems to be a complimentary set of skills to the job of judge in which you're dealing with laws (the rules if you will) of the courtroom.

Janx

Hero
Maybe it's just me, but having to write rules for a game as complex as a rpg and create products for the same game seems to be a complimentary set of skills to the job of judge in which you're dealing with laws (the rules if you will) of the courtroom.

It's not just you. There's similarities.

I write code for a living. There's overlap in that as well with law. Some of my clients are lawyers, so it becomes even more obvious with working with them on common ways of looking at things.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, but the entire TTRPG has an undeserved stigma in the USA, some linked to the occult, some to nerdiness. I've had colleagues laugh in my face about it.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Am I the only one who finds it ironic that Orcus is a judge in Idaho? (No offense at Clark ;-)

Honestly, just disregard the Neanderthal that didn't like how Clark judged 'his' probate case. Folks that are 'famous' or have 'power' just get a lot more crap thrown their way. I suspect The Honorable Judge Clark is perfectly capable of dodging this mudslinging contest by two disgruntled customers and a hackjob reporter (everyone with a blog is now a reporter)...

Serendipity

Explorer
Politics aren't exactly known for fact-based mudslinging really. I have no doubt it's politically motivated in some form or fashion.
In any case, I wish the best for him and hope this fizzles out soon. Most of my favorite 3e memories come from NG products.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
So they wish to incur MY wrath?!!

I tolerate few things in my life. People that are fools and then go fooling with my favorite former Publisher man/The Undying Prince?

They get this: 20080321033750!Explosion.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases