• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Necromancer Games] Wilderlands Boxed Set Preview!

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Orcus said:
Heck, even if you dont use it as your setting, 400 pages of over 3000 villages, castles, lairs, ruins, relics, citadels, islands, etc, are worth their weight in gold all by themselves to any DM--just pull them out and use them as you see fit. Each one is packed with ideas and story hooks.

Clark

Good point. If the Wilderlands is anything at all, its definitely modular. You can pick and pull pieces of it apart easily and insert it into your own world/campaign without a problem.

Nuclear Platypus

First Post
How different are the contents of the Players Guide and the Boxed Set?

Also how likely could I alter Wilderlands to fit my idea of an Oriental campaign?

Last edited:

Treebore

First Post
The PG and boxed set are designed to complement each other, very little repeat, if any.

As for using it for an OA game, put those lands to the south, off of the maps. The Wilderlands are only the size of the medditeranean region of our real world, so the world has plenty of room for "other" campaign areas. Plus the South is supposed to be the lands of the demons and devils anyways. Perfect for an OA type world.

Orcus

First Post
The Player's Guide and the Boxed Set are complementary but different.

The Player's Guide includes races and classes, a player's history (not the real stuff, just what it known), new skills, new feats, a geographic overview of the general info on the main cities and geographic features, the gods, new monsters, etc.

The Boxed Set is the DM (aka Judge) information. The full DM history, encounter and terrain information, weather, special substances, that sort of stuff, plus full DM info on EVERY SINGLE FREAKING village, city, town, castle, citadel, ruin, relic, island, lair and geographic feature found on the map. And there are 18 maps! The Boxed Set also includes some info on JG and the old products and how we incorporated that stuff into the boxed set so that no one has to feel that they have to go dig up 20 now out of print products to use the setting. We have done that all for you.

Basically, you could use any player's material with the Boxed Set. OA rules, Monte's variants, whatever. The Boxed Set is a setting.

Clark

Orcus

First Post
And yes hopefully we will have enough at GenCon. But get there early! I expect this one to be a repeat of RA 3--blown out of the doors by the end of the first day.

Clark

Orcus

First Post
And maybe I will post another chapter (heck, there are 18, one more isnt going to kill me) and another map. I think about GenCon time I will post the Valon chapter. So keep an eye out for that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads