Necron - a grim undead-like living construct

Wik

First Post
So, wait. This guy gets a free healing surge when it fails it's last dying save? Doesn't get to SPEND a healing surge... it gets one? Does it get to spend that surge?

What I'm saying here is, how can these guys die?

clark411

First Post
"Languages: None" is more appropriate.

Unless you prefer to follow the reasoning which suggests Necron simply choose to not speak. If so, please await contact from the Ordos Xenos.

"How can these guys die?"

It's a daily power. You just have to kill them twice... which is actually fairly tame, from my own anecdotal experience.

LordArchaon

Explorer
There are some commonalities in the feats that grant powers. Wouldn't it be more interesting to try to see what they are, instead of trying to justify a hard line that doesn't actually exist?

Cheers, -- N

Wouldn't it be more interesting if we stayed on topic, realize I tried to find a solution to this some posts ago, and discuss about that solution? :p

So, wait. This guy gets a free healing surge when it fails it's last dying save? Doesn't get to SPEND a healing surge... it gets one? Does it get to spend that surge?

What I'm saying here is, how can these guys die?

They gain a surge because, rolling a 20 on a death saving throw allows a character to spend a healing surge if he/she has one left. And I wanted the Necron to always have one left at least once a day when using this ability.
So the surge is gained and expended. I could change the wording...

"Languages: None" is more appropriate.

Unless you prefer to follow the reasoning which suggests Necron simply choose to not speak. If so, please await contact from the Ordos Xenos.

Heheh... The Ordos Xenos will also have to investigate those afore mentioned "Entropy Stealer" and "Entropy Field" things then! Do you think they can substitute the Necrotic Surge well? Do you think the "missed by 10 or more" mechanic was there in some core rule somewhere? (Or I dreamt of it?)

EDIT: It was a skill mechanic and it is, for many skills, "failing by 5 or more". I guess it's ok to use it for attacks, and I will even stick to the 5 or more (10 or more would be a far too rare case). I'll find the wording, balance one thing and the main feats should be ready!

2nd EDIT: I however found that Warforged have "feat powers" from racial feats, so I'm also considering giving up to the simplicity of the encounter immediate reaction to necrotic damage...

Last edited:

Remove ads