OSR Necrotic Gnome's Dolmenwood coming to Kickstarter on August 9 (with fancy limited edition slipcase set)

Half of the people here are probably aware already: Necrotic Gnome (in cooperation with Exalted Funeral) will launch a Kickstarter campaign for their Dolmenwood books on August 9 (i.e. next Wednesday). Today they shared that there will be a fancy slipcase set for those with an inclination towards collectible things :)

Tweet:

Direct link: Kickstarter

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Yes and no. As far as I can tell, it is basically OSE with house rules, bundled with the setting books, so it becomes a self-contained game.
There's a bit of information in the recent Reddit AMA that Gavin Norman did on /r/rpg. I assume there will also be further clarifications in the campaign text or FAQs.
In this blog post, you can read the few mechanical differences with OSE. Also, you can download a meaty 76 pages preview PDF.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Those changes look quite good. Some of those, like the Thief tweak and spell acquisition, match up to house rules I prefer anyway.
Yes, I like them too. I just hope that the thief will be a bit beefed up compared to the "D6" version in Carcass Crawler 1.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Hmmmmm, this is fairly intriguing: while OSE always seemed to be quality, it seemed to be too much of more of the same compared to what I already had: this helps give it some distinction in the market thematically while remaining compatible with the material I already have (Goodman Games OAR 4, The Lost City, is on the couch besides me as I type).

Last edited:

Remove ads