• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OSR Necrotic Gnome's Dolmenwood coming to Kickstarter on August 9 (with fancy limited edition slipcase set)

Half of the people here are probably aware already: Necrotic Gnome (in cooperation with Exalted Funeral) will launch a Kickstarter campaign for their Dolmenwood books on August 9 (i.e. next Wednesday). Today they shared that there will be a fancy slipcase set for those with an inclination towards collectible things :)

Tweet:

Direct link: Kickstarter

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Yes and no. As far as I can tell, it is basically OSE with house rules, bundled with the setting books, so it becomes a self-contained game.
There's a bit of information in the recent Reddit AMA that Gavin Norman did on /r/rpg. I assume there will also be further clarifications in the campaign text or FAQs.
In this blog post, you can read the few mechanical differences with OSE. Also, you can download a meaty 76 pages preview PDF.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Those changes look quite good. Some of those, like the Thief tweak and spell acquisition, match up to house rules I prefer anyway.
Yes, I like them too. I just hope that the thief will be a bit beefed up compared to the "D6" version in Carcass Crawler 1.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Hmmmmm, this is fairly intriguing: while OSE always seemed to be quality, it seemed to be too much of more of the same compared to what I already had: this helps give it some distinction in the market thematically while remaining compatible with the material I already have (Goodman Games OAR 4, The Lost City, is on the couch besides me as I type).

Last edited:

Remove ads