Need advices on Rouge/Bard build

Shin Okada

Explorer
Now I am thinking about making a pinch hitter DMPC for my 3.5e, in case some players could not attend a session.

My current choice is a rogue/bard build as such a character is an ultimate jack of all trades, and thus can complement various roles needed for the party. The campaign uses 3.5e rules and starts at 10th-level.

Do you have any suggestions or recommendation for such a build? Say, good feats, good prestige classes, alternate class features and such.

Thanks in advance.

Ask your DM if you can use the Unearthed Arcana variant Rogue class, loose sneak attack (as you will be singing to help your party) and instead gain bonus fighter feats. Then there are a variety of good bard feats like Requium to effect undead, song of the wild to effect animals, Subsonic to be able to preform while hiding, and there is another I cant recall that gives you the highest preform rank you currently have for any preform check you do (so you could have sing 10 and use that for any other preform you currently have ranks in, even just 1 rank). There are a lot of sites with good feats and even builds. If you focus on Illusion you might be able to use the Shadowmancer prestige class (prerequisite shadow conjuration & shadow evocation). If you do use websites for feat info make sure it is not custom material and has books noted.

[MENTION=6700111]Master Chr Smith[/MENTION] the feat you are thinking of is Versatile Performer. It gives you ranks in extra perform categories up to your int modifier and it's in CAdv.
[MENTION=1956]Shin Okada[/MENTION] a couple thoughts come to mind. First, add some druid to the build and then go Fochulan Lyrist (Cadv). It will advance your spell casting and bardic knowledge but your sneak attack and animal companion take a hit. Arcane Trickster could work too. Sneak attack and spells advance but your bardic music doesn't. If the character is going to be in melee a lot, pick up Arcane Strike. Now normally Bards don't get a lot spells per day but we can fix that with Lyric Spell and, if needed, Extra Music. Also, consider Melodic Casting so you can sing and cast spells or use certain magic items. Plus it lets you dump concentration.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases