Need an alternative assassin type for Pirates game

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

One of the players in my Pirates of the Caribbean/Skull & Bones campaign (http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=176858) wants to take the Assassin PrC but this doesn't seem a good fit for the setting. For a start, the class gets spells and secondly seems too D&D to me! I've had a look at the base assassin class in Swashbuckling Adventures and it's OK but seems underpowered at the lower levels compared to the DMG version.

Can anyone think of any alternatives? I have most WotC books.

Cheers

Richard

dpmcalister

Explorer
The only thing that, immediately, strikes me are the inclusion of spells in the PrC. What other aspects don't you like? That might help pull together something that you feel would be more appropriate.

The Avenging Executioner (Complete Scoundrel, page 24) might work as a replacement (ignoring the actual flavour text that is ;))

RichGreen

Adventurer
dpmcalister said:
The only thing that, immediately, strikes me are the inclusion of spells in the PrC. What other aspects don't you like? That might help pull together something that you feel would be more appropriate.

The Avenging Executioner (Complete Scoundrel, page 24) might work as a replacement (ignoring the actual flavour text that is ;))

Just the spells. I've had a look at Avenging Executioner. It's pretty good and would fit the character better.

Richard

Remove ads