Need crazy girlfriend input

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
All I can think of is Carrier Fisher's character from Blues Brothers.

Maybe the denouement (after being pursued for most of the campaign) can be that the character (allegedly) left the Nemesis at the altar, even if the PC/player have no recollection. (And why don't they remember? There's a whole sub-plot there.)

Last edited:

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Maybe she keeps running into him, sparking spontaneous musical numbers?
crazy ex-girlfriend what GIF
I'm sure the situation is a lot more nuanced than that.

OK, so in the next few sessions the PC's efforts to track down who has been ruining his life will come to fruition.

The 'crazy ex' is actually a young woman he met casually in passing a half-dozen times at social functions; they are both of noble birth, although her family is much more powerful (not to mention he's a younger son in disgrace). He never really noticed her, but she built up an entire relationship in her head that has come to dominate her life.

He needs to make her quit; violence is out of the question, as is getting her committed (she can function on the day-to-day). But it isd imperative she stop, as the party is at a key juncture where they cannot afford unfavorable attention.

This is set in Harn, adjusted for the Zweihander system; the confrontation is taking place in Tashal (Kaldor) while both the PC and the girl are from Chybissa.

The party has no spellcasters at all, and hiring one is not an option, so magic of any sort is completely out of the picture. The group is pretty cunning at times, so I suspect they will have a plan. The girl has a bodyguard and retainers, and is staying in the home of a respected Kaldorian knight. Suggestions, ideas as to what the players might try?

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Would faking her target's death be plausible? What about ... arranging for some other schmuck to attract her attentions? I have no idea what the latter would look like, but if they can reverse engineer how she fixated on him they might be able to contrive a situation where she'd fixate on someone else.

A more ... ruthlessly pragmatic party might look into ways to induce her to harm herself. If there's really no actual connection between them--like, provably--this might be the most convenient outcome, if not the most humane.

Thinking some, it seems as though she might react to news of her target's passing with some degree of self-harm--but that'd have to be established.

Would faking her target's death be plausible? What about ... arranging for some other schmuck to attract her attentions? I have no idea what the latter would look like, but if they can reverse engineer how she fixated on him they might be able to contrive a situation where she'd fixate on someone else.

A more ... ruthlessly pragmatic party might look into ways to induce her to harm herself. If there's really no actual connection between them--like, provably--this might be the most convenient outcome, if not the most humane.

Thinking some, it seems as though she might react to news of her target's passing with some degree of self-harm--but that'd have to be established.
Clever! Hadn't thought of faking his death. I'll have to ponder that one.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Egg on some young man of appropriate social stature to become Romeo to her as Juliet. Maybe, if he is persistent, she will lock herself in her room until the bodyguards show him down to the end of the block.

How long does the party need her to stay out of their hair?

Remove ads