Need crazy girlfriend input

Suggestions, ideas as to what the players might try?

So, violence and incarceration won't work.

I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with Zweihänder, so I don't know how they could solve it mechanically. In D&D it might be done with spells like Dream, Modify Memory, or Geas.

What comes to my mind non-mechanically is:

1. "Mistaken" identity. "I'm not Jerry Gallow. I'm Jerry Callow. You're looking for my cousin."
2. Propose, then claim you cannot marry until your name has been cleared, for he could not bear to so tarnish her good reputation.
3. Propose, marry her, set her up somewhere, and then leave.
4. He's married to someone else already. Preferably in the party. Bonus points if they go through with it. Extra bonus points if they make it work for the rest of the campaign.
5. Some very elaborate contrivance. A "curse" prevents him from ever being in contact with his fairest love, lest they both meet a gruesome fate. His current unfortunate situation is itself caused by the curse! He is seeking to undo such a baleful enchantment and will join her as soon as he can.
6. A duel to first blood, preferably against a brother of hers. That can typically be more than enough to satisfy honor.

All I can think of is Carrier Fisher's character from Blues Brothers.

Funnily enough, Dan Akroyd got engaged to Carrie Fisher on the set of Blues Brothers. The engagement ended when she decided to go back to her ex... Paul Simon.

I'm asking for input on possible approaches he might make, so I can ponder her response. See post #37
I was thinking, hey response is up to the PC’s. But you want what players might do? I don’t try to predict and preempt, usually, as a DM, but if she is smart, she could in character try to guess and mitigate.

Plans:
1) Make the PC unattractive to her. Have him betroth to someone else, rumor that he’s gay or impotent or not going to inherit. If you absolutely gotta get rid of her, drastic steps may be needed.

2) Start a rumor that she’s sleeping with the knight who is sheltering her, not really a noble, a sp, or a witch. Cause so much distraction and trouble, she can’t deal with them.

3) Fake your own death. Or at least hide. Or leave town. Get on a bus, Gus.

4) Find someone for her to obsess about. Hire a bard to woo her? Matchmake?

I was thinking, hey response is up to the PC’s.
t is, but this group is cunning and the stakes are high, so I wanted to get some input on various ideas. That way I have viable responses. They still may well surprise me, but they only have one shot at this, so I figure it is worth putting in the extra effort.

Remove ads