• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help for Explosives rules

AnimeSniper

Explorer
Okay here they are straight from my doc copy before that site went the way of the Dodo... remember these were another posters houserule for using explosives and their effects

I also have my copy with Addendums for DM's slash players lacking knowledge of explosives, their types and etcetera.

Deadlier Explosives By Tahsin Shamma
September 2, 2010

I've had the chance to play d20 Modern with a couple of military guys. They all agree that the damage from explosives comes nowhere close to how it works in real life. This is my attempt at solving that issue.

For the explosives table, new columns are added: Stun Radius, Deafened Radius, Fortitude Save, and DC Threat Modifier.

Stun Radius: If a creature is caught within the distance between the origin of the explosion and this distance, usually a modified distance of the Burst Radius, the creature must make a Fortitude Save against the indicated DC or be stunned for 1 round.

Deafened Radius: If a creature is caught within the distance between the origin of the explosion and this distance, usually a modified distance of the Stun Radius, the creature must make a Fortitude Save against the indicated DC or be deafened for 2d4 rounds.

DC Threat Modifier: If the explosive is of a type that adds damage when more is used, for each additional unit of charge, the DC of all saves (including the Reflex save) increase by this amount.

Explosive Stun Radius Deafened Radius Fortitude Save DC Threat Mod

40mm Frag Grenade 15 ft. 30 ft. 15 +1
C4/Semtex 20 ft. 40 ft. 18 +2
Det cord 10 ft. 20 ft. 12 +1
Dynamite 10 ft. 20 ft. 15 +1
Fragmentation grenade 40 ft. 80 ft. 15 +2
White phosphorus grenade 20 ft. - 13 +1

Stunned: A character who becomes stunned loses his or her Dexterity bonus, drops what he or she is holding, and can take no attack or move actions. In addition, the character takes a –2 penalty to Defense. The condition typically lasts 1 round.

Deafened: The hero can’t hear and takes a –4 penalty on initiative checks. The character can’t make Listen checks.

These rules modify Explosives and Splash Weapons.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads