• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help with a Scifi Prison

Omegaxicor

First Post
I have a new campaign about to start and I have decided that the player's are going to run a small intro-adventure group before starting the campaign. The party are going to be a group of Warforged who were constructed in an underground Manufacturing plant which doubles as a Prison for the great evil of the coming campaign.

I need ideas for the layout of the facility that the players will start in, I know it needs a Power Reactor, Automated Manufacturing Section, Astral/Ethereal Prison and a Security Centre. I am sure that the facility should be bigger but I can't think of anything else I want in it so the whole dungeon is only four or five rooms.

The party will be Level 10 and the campaign, at least the intro part, shouldn't last very long maybe a dozen quests.

If anyone has any ideas for the dungeon, including automated defenses and security features or even something obvious I have missed then I would appreciate any input.

MarkB

Legend
Depending upon what's being manufactured and for whom, you may need some or all of the following:

• Goods Inwards and Storage area for raw materials.
  • Packaging and Goods Outwards area for finished goods.
  • Maintenance and Repair Section for both workers (assuming it's operated by warforged) and equipment.
  • Auxiliary Generator incorporating secondary Security Centre.

I'd suggest building the facility in concentric layers around the prison area, with security checkpoints controlling the access door between layers. The primary reactor and main security centre would be on the next layer out from the prison, then the manufacturing plant and maintenance facility one layer further out, with the outer layer containing storage, goods inwards and outwards, and the auxiliary generator and secondary security station.

During normal operation, the primary security station looks after the astral/ethereal prison and the reactor, whilst the secondary station oversees security at the facility's interfaces with the outside world. In the event of loss of power or communications from further within the facility, it can be locked down from the secondary station.

Last edited:

Omegaxicor

First Post
yea, that's a good idea.

The facility manufactures security equipment and anything else the facility needs (such as Warforged) but it's goods are either teleported in from somewhere else or more likely just Replicated (created from thin-air for those who don't watch lots of Sci-fi).

I like the idea of two security centres, one dealing with internal security and one dealing with external security (and security against those breaching the internal security). It makes their escape a little bit harder (although they are most likely going to teleport out).

I know that having the prison in the centre and layered security seems an obvious idea, even if I hadn't thought of it :p Thanks

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads