• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help with Video camera/TV choice

Henry

Autoexreginated
I need a new pair of eyes for work, and I'm asking assistance from the very knowledgable people of ENWorld for some advice. :)

I am afraid I'm not knowledgable in the current field of AV equipment. I'm looking for a video camera, webcam or similar device that will simply pick up the video stream it gets, and pipe it directly to an AV or s-video lead, straight into a television set. It's not a long distance, so just straight from camera to TV works great. I don't need any feature other than direct output, so tons o'features aren't important. Good resolution is a plus, but the plan is to train it on a specific area of a box on a conveyor line, so if I have to sacrifice a little bit of resolution for price, I won't mind.

What I'm looking for are suggestions of specific models, so I can have a starting point to look from. Honestly, I'm not sure where to begin, as all the models I see are hyping tons of features I don't need, when all I'm looking for is direct AV output. I considered a webcam and a PC, but I don't want to inject a level of complexity and possible breakage that I don't need.

Thanks to anyone in advance!

Remove ads