Need more military help

Thanks Thunderfoot I really appreciate the complement!

So what group should I put this feat under:
Forward Observer – You know how to call down artillery and air support attacks correctly.

Should it go under Basic Training or an MOS?

Forward Observers are a specialized MOS under the Field Artillery branch. Trust me, there have been a lot of people who have tried to call in close support artillery strikes that are not forward observers that have failed miserably. It isn't a normally instructed skill. Though Infantry Officers are supposed to be able to do this, I would like to be far far away when they do it. :) (Sorry Olgar, just speaking the truth as I've seen it. :) )

For your system, it may need to hang under a feat in field artillery.
As to the changes you've made, it's looking sharper and sharper every time I read it.

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Forward Observers are a specialized MOS under the Field Artillery branch.
It's true. Even most artillerymen can't call in close support fire reliably. Being trained for fire direction control, as cannoneers, or other fire support roles does not innately include the ability to call in supporting fires accurately as a forward observer.

Nadaka

First Post
Using D20 modern as a basis for comparison. A year 1 recruit just out of boot camp is probably going to be level 2 or 3.

An experienced professional with years of training/service is going to be about level 5-6. This is probably the best place to start your special forces at.

Anything past level 10 is going to be exemplary, reserved mostly for your heroes and their foils.

Remove ads