Need replay ASAP: Background music for Mechanus

Arnwyn

First Post
Ringan said:
I hear the theme for the Magitek factory from Final Fantasy VI for Mechanus.
"Devil's Lab", Final Fantasy VI soundtrack.

And yes, that's exactly the first song that came to mind (and is what I used for Mechanus in the past!).

xmanii

Explorer
Oryan77 said:
I collect background music for every plane. I have 900 megs worth of planar background music. I have 6 songs for Mechanus and the first one is a bunch of clocks clicking. I warn you though, sounds like that will get annoying after a few minutes of hearing it during the game :p The worst is the Pandemonium sounds I have of wind blowing :heh:

The other Mechanus music is pleasant and aren't annoying. A couple are sort of industrial sounding and pretty cool.

If you want my mechanus mp3's, email me at oryan1977 at yahoo.com

How about making a list, or is it just mp3's of sounds?

ruleslawyer

Kraftwerk.

There's tons of industrial music that would work, actually, as would Pink Floyd's Welcome to the Machine or the beginning to Dark Side of the Moon.

Oryan77

Adventurer
xmanii said:
How about making a list, or is it just mp3's of sounds?
Well I've renamed all of the mp3 files to whatever plane it's for. So I don't know the original names of the songs. A lot of them are from video games and other random sources but I didn't keep track of what song is from where.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
There's a talented "industrial" composer named John Bergin you might want to check out.

His CD for Warhammer 40k "Music for Hammering" has some stuff that seems tailor made for Mechanus.

I'm at work at the moment otherwise I would post a short sample... still, a Google search should turn up a few things.

Here's his website:
http://www.grindertool.com/c17.html

FunkBGR

Explorer
If you have players who won't think it's funny -

Powerhouse, by Raymond Scott
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerhouse_(song)

I've used it to great effect during a horror game, where a "factory" was full of individual rooms creating 'fear' to be boxed up and shipped out.

One room has a dentist with a giant drill, drilling a guy, etc. - YMMV

Faerl'Elghinn

First Post
If you want something really mechanical sounding, try some Nine Inch Nails. "The Becoming" (#8) from The Downward Spiral springs to mind. Someone already suggested "Time," which was my other thought. Of course, the singing probably won't add to the mood, but what can you do?

Ringan

Explorer
Arnwyn said:
"Devil's Lab", Final Fantasy VI soundtrack.

And yes, that's exactly the first song that came to mind (and is what I used for Mechanus in the past!).
Great minds think alike!

I also thought of some of the songs from the Command & Conquer, Tiberium Dawn soundtrack. Frank Klepacki composed them, and you can listen to them for free at www.frankklepacki.com (click on the CNC section). They're a little more modern-sounding, but I think the songs
"Industrial"
"Radio"
"Target"

would work especially well for Mechanus.

Remove ads