Needing a new avatar...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’ve had this avatar for I don’t know how many years, and its age is showing. I would like to freshen things up with a new one. One that’s not quite so...pixelated.

What I need is a way to modify an image so that it will conform to the site’s size restrictions, and the thumbnail generators I used to use back in the day are now defunct.

Any suggestions?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Should’ve said: I’m strictly an Apple guy at this point in time. Predominantly on mobile devices, as well, unless I have serious writing to do. I have some oooooooooold art programs, but they don’t run properly on my current Mac

So ideally, I’m looking for an app or web-based solution.

MarkB

Legend
I've used Pixlr as an editor before. It does a decent job of being a reasonable Photoshop-esque editor that works in a broswer.

For something simpler, since the board does use circular icons, something like Token Stamp, which is mostly intended for producing VTT tokens, might actually be well suited to your needs.

Ryujin

Legend
Yup, as a Windows PC based photographer, that information definitely would have been helpful for making recommendations.

Email it to a friend who has a computer and give the size specs needed?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
So, you want an app from at least a known provider?

How about - Adobe Spark?

Which is just my Google-fu, searching on "photo editing" and scrolling down to the first major provider in the list. There's also Photoshop Express on the Apple store as well.

Remove ads