• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NeMoren's Vault III: Return to the dungeon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Jozan - that map was from the previous turn. See our spiffy new map, right here, for the current positions! Bookmark this, everyone; we'll be updating it on a round-by-round basis during fights. For the love of God, everyone give Doc Midnight a big wet sloppy kiss for his help in this.

Devis - the plank doesn't look heavy. The other drummer is still trying to drum, but his beat is totally off. You don't think that he's rallying his troops any more, not after your disruption. No immediate knowledge about the One Who Crawls... maybe Urdlen, the gnomish diety of greed? That would hardly make sense, though.

Mialee, it's going to be really hard to avoid entangling Krusk in the web; you'd have to move 30' south and then hope for good sight lines, as the line of effect is really tricky. You can certainly try it, though. Your decision.

Last edited:

Mialee

First Post
I believe I will, PC. I'd rather risk Krusk getting a little sticky than have him swamped in gobbies. Nice map!!

Krusk, Kerwyn, I'm going to attempt to slow the reinforcements down. Kerwyn, if Krusk gets stuck, do your best to keep him from getting flayed! More fighters are on the way...

Last edited:

Kazak

First Post
Kazak takes aim along his crossbow and shoots at one of the goblins.

OOC: I'll shoot at the one in square (P, 22).

Devis

First Post
In that case, I'm going to Mage Hand that plank into place. I'll move over to U10, and take cover behind, er, back up Alhandra, so I'm in range.

If that doesn't work, or when I've completed that, then I move over to W13 and use my light crossbow to fire at something ugly. Note that this should give me 25-50% cover behind the curve of the cave wall.

Something ugly that isn't one of my allies. Let's be clear. Specifically the uglies currently in P22 & Q23.

Last edited:

Ma'varkith

First Post
OOC: Ma will continue firing arrows, moving toward the gap. If someone gets the plankup, she'll sling her bow and cross the pit, drawing her sword and shield.

Jozan of Pelor

First Post
That map is so beautiful...let's all just sit back and admire it for a while.

Ok. In view of the map, I'm revising my current move--I don't like the guy in the pit either.

"Regdar! Don't just look at that potion, drink it and get over there!"

Jozan moves forward until he can see over the edge of the crevice and takes aim with his crossbow at the goblinoid climbing around down there. "In the Name of Mighty Pelor, God of the Sun, I suggest you stop trying to climb up here and just sit on your hands for a while, buddy." If the creature actually takes Jozan up on his advice, he won't shoot. Otherwise...

Alhandra

First Post
OOC: Hey! This bow works! ;) (I wonder if the Divine Might damage finished off the creature?)

OK. .. questions.
(Doc, that's a fantastic map!)

1) Where are the dead goblinoids on the map?
2) My move last round wouldn't have brought me this close to the chasm - I'd be at best 10' away... just far enough to...
3) Is the chasm at the south end short enough to jump across in my Banded armor? It's 10 pounds lighter than any other Heavy Armor, and lighter than Chainmail (a medium armor).

Possible actions this round:
a) If Devis can Mage Hand the plank, Alhandra will delay, shielding her inspiring musical companion as best she can before rushing across the plank, slinging her bow and pulling her sword and shield (just like Ma' said!) :)
a1) If the plank is placed in a near-straight line between her and the goblinoids, she'll drop her bow (in W13) and charge across the plank in one bound, pulling her 'blessed' sword and tearing into the one at S23

b) If he can't move the heavy piece of wood, she'll sling her bow and try to jump the pit IF it's short enough for her to jump in her bulky, ponderous Banded Mail. :(

c) If neither would be the case, she yells at Kerwyn, "Stop being a target up there and help us all across, soldier!" before firing at any opponent that moves to try and wake the sleeping ones. If none try, she shoots at the one she has the clearest shot on.

OOC: Whew! I think that's all conditionals covered, hopefully!
She mumbles to herself, "If I wasn't such a goody-goody fighter-type, I'd be taking out those goblinoids who are asleep before they get woken up and attack us again...

Hennet

First Post
Narcoleptic nasties

"It's the Gates of Horn for you boys..."

Seeing that Krusk is in battle (and most likely surrounded although he can't see Krusk's opponents) Hennet inhales then lays down another lullabye, targetting the point between 21 & 22, and M&N (the cavern wall).

I'm trying to catch P22 and N24 in the 15' radius burst, but leave Krusk out of it. If I don't get another chance to post for a while after the Sleep goes off, I'll start MW light crossbowing goblins, starting with awake ones.

Hopefully arrows and other combatants can take out Q23 before he wakes any of the others up.

Slots left 6/3.

Kerwyn

First Post
OOC: Seeing the map now, I think my earlier plan about flanking is seriously flawed! :D I also thought the plank was on our side of the chasm. Oh well!

“Someone kill that pesky greenskin down there, he almost pulled me into the chasm!”

Kerwyn will move to the plank and pick it up, then let it drop on the chasm, while securing one end with his foot, so it doesn't glide into it. He'll use a narrow enough part of the chasm, as close to Regdar as possible, so the plank will surely fit over it!

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Sorry for popping in, but you need to start a new thread as you have gone over the limit of 200 posts per thread.

Oh and: Kill the orcs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads