D&D 4E Nentir Vale lore pdfs for the uninitiated DM?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Someone at the Piazza forums asked me if I could share my map of the Nerathan League that I posted a few years ago, but unlabeled. Sadly, the unlabeled version seems to have died with my old PC, so I re-made the map from the start, and I thought it would be a good idea to share it here as well. They new version ended up being not exactly as the old one, but it's close enough for me. This map is a modified version of the official Nentir Vale's world map from the Conquest of Nerath game. An unlabeled version was provided some years ago in Reddit, by Cargo Culture, and that is the version I'm using for my map.

As for the modifications, they are all canonical places from official products, but some locations were selected ad hoc, fitting the necessities of my campaign (from some years ago). However, the locations in the Nentir Vale, the Trollhaunt Warrens and the Dragondown Coast are all canonical (both places and locations). This is a list of my modifications:

• I've modified the Nentir Vale so the Cairngorm Peaks can be seen as actual peaks, and also Thunderspire Mountain, that according to the official adventure towers most mountains in the Dawnforge Mountains, but strangely was missing in the official map. Talking about the Dawnforges, I've added the lakes shown in the Hammerfast supplement. I've also added the Cloak Wood west of Fallcrest, that is also missing in the official map (or covered by the big letters and Cargo Culture didn't added it to their version). Finally, I've added the crater in the Chaos Scar (the place is supposed to be a meteor impact site).
  • West of the Nentir Vale I've added the Silvery Lake (from Revenge of the Giants) and the Ironwall Mountains (form Orcs of Stonefang Pass). These are "non-canonical" placements for canonical locations that I used in my old campaign. Canonically, those places are supposed to be near the Nentir Vale, so that's where I think they are located.
  • South of Nentir Vale, I've added Sentinel Peak (from The Minotaurs of Mistwatch, in Dragon 385), near the lake Cargo Culture added to the map.
  • I've modified the Trollhaunt Warrens to match the map from King of the Trollhaunt Warrens, expanding the rivers from the official map and adding the two lakes from that adventure.
  • Finallyt, I've modified the Dragondown Mountains (in the southwestern coast) so they match the map of the Dragondown Coast included in the Seal of Karga Kul novel.

Here is the map, feel free to use it if you like it. For now, this is the requested unlabeled version, but I'm planning to post a labeled version soon, so stay tuned. ;)

Enjoy it, and (delayed) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
Awesome, thanks!

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
As I'm given to understand, there's no actual gazetteer or "campaign setting" proper for the Nentir Vale (one was scheduled to be released in 2011, but was subsequently cancelled).
There was an extremely comprehensive fan-made one floating around at one point. No idea if it’s still available. Also, from what I remember it was all text, no art.

Remove ads