Netflix's Love Death and Robots

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Once upon a time those tags did work as a spoiler note, but no more. Nowadays the texts
need be replaced with [sblock].

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Excellent SF stories.

Although, I gotta admit, I'm not sure I "get" The Witness. I'll whack my question into spoiler tags:

[sblock]Is it a time travel story? Or are we just seeing two robots stuck in a loop? Or all the robots are stuck in a loop? I'm confused.[/sblock]

Yeah, Suits was fantastic. Sonny was great. And Three Robots made me giggle.

But, yeah, this is what SF should do - make you ask questions.

There is nothing to get about the Witness. It is just a loop for aesthetics sake. It doesn't go deeper than that. Same for the whole series.

Ryujin

Legend
Excellent SF stories.

Although, I gotta admit, I'm not sure I "get" The Witness. I'll whack my question into spoiler tags:

[sblock]Is it a time travel story? Or are we just seeing two robots stuck in a loop? Or all the robots are stuck in a loop? I'm confused.[/sblock]

Yeah, Suits was fantastic. Sonny was great. And Three Robots made me giggle.

But, yeah, this is what SF should do - make you ask questions.

I don't know that you missed much in "The Witness." It seemed like a rather simple premise to show off animation skills and unnecessary nudity.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal

The Witness wasn't one of my favorites - it seemed to be more "Nexflix said NSFW, what can we do!" with child-like glee and crafted around that. I don't think it had robots - not all did.

[sblock]I think it was just the repeating circumstance - that the twist was that the woman found herself in the same situation as what she saw of the man, and that called into doubt if he committed a murder or was just as much a victium as her. His dialog near the end could imply it. But with the "edge" of never really letting the viewer know one way or the other, and the further thought that maybe it's a long line of misunderstandings leading to death.[/sblock]

I'm pretty much in sync with you - The Witness wasn't the strongest of the bunch, and agree with the ones you called out as good.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I read something saying that this started out as a Heavy Metal remake or sequel. Nudity and sex played a big part in the movie and the comics.

Hussar

Legend
Yeah, if that's true, I could totally see that. Heavy Metal (or Metal Hurlant depending) did have a live action show briefly. These would fit right in with Heavy Metal stories.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases