D&D 5E Neverwinter is the next setting! (Did we know this?)

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
I take it back, a frontier town trying to rebuild would be a pretty cool place to stage a campaign.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

I'm admittingly unsure on how Epic could be portrayed, but I can easily see several full heroic and paragon campaigns being centered entirely around a single town fighting off evil - both from outside and within - while trying to not only rebuild the ruins into a fully fledge city, but make it a prosperous one to last the ages (until the next goddess of magic dies), with the PCs ending as the champions of the city and outlying areas.

...hmmm, Kingmaker as a campaign setting...

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

I'm admittingly unsure on how Epic could be portrayed, but I can easily see several full heroic and paragon campaigns being centered entirely around a single town fighting off evil - both from outside and within - while trying to not only rebuild the ruins into a fully fledge city, but make it a prosperous one to last the ages (until the next goddess of magic dies), with the PCs ending as the champions of the city and outlying areas.

...hmmm, Kingmaker as a campaign setting...

One of the evils they are fighting against is the incursion of Thay and Szass Tam. I think Epic could be pretty easy to fit in.

Dice4Hire

First Post
I hope Neverwinter is more stand alone. If it i heavily tied into FR, then I'll have to pass.

I would like to see a more extensive city-style campaign, though. I liked Hammerfast, but it was not enough.

Remove ads