New 4e Publishers?

ephealy

Explorer
I'd love to speak with anyone who is planning to start a new 4e publishing house. If that's you, let us know. What do you have coming down the pike?

mjukglass

First Post
Yeah. Seconded. I would love to hear about upcoming settings and campaign books.

Are there any non-WotC settings getting released?

PatrickLawinger

First Post
Wait and see

Several publishers have already announced their plans and/or are working on things now. I believe that some of them have the GSL already, but I don't really know. The GSL is available to the rest of us tomorrow (Friday), or, at least, has been promised to be available.

I will wait and look at the license. I have several ideas for some 4e products but whether I try to publish them myself (I have yet to have products out but I am REALLY close now) or I propose them to a larger publisher is going to be dependent on the license and on what sort of payment I can get from someone else.

The rules system is pretty strong, though like others, it isn't *MY* idea of DnD, it is a good game and looks to be selling well (the FLGS has TONS of preorders). I think there are a number of gaps that can be filled by 3rd party publishers, depending on how open the license is. Whether it is "forgotten" races or "ignored" classes, WotC has left the door open for some quick products that will later be replaced by "official" material. As to how well those products will do, I think everyone is in wait and see mode.

Patrick

JVisgaitis

Explorer
mjukglass said:
Yeah. Seconded. I would love to hear about upcoming settings and campaign books.

Are there any non-WotC settings getting released?

We're working on Violet Dawn. All depends on what the license says tomorrow though...

defendi

Explorer
Final Redoubt Press will be releasing 4th edition products. Until we see the license, we won't know for sure which, but I have two product lines planned right now and its hard to imagine the first line will be affected by any surprises in the license.

Our first product in stores will be Critical Matters, a critical hit system for 4th edition. This product takes the 4th edition criticals and turns them into something scary, funny, or just more interesting. With over one thousand unique results, it will provide a lifetime of gaming enjoyment. Without this product, Goliath would have won.

Our second major product will The Echoes of Heaven Campaign Setting. Praised by reviewers and a hit on RPGNow, we intend to bring this setting into 4th edition, GSL willing. It includes The Throne of God, the first in a ten part series that take characters through their epic destinies and the world to the brink of destruction.

Hope that helps. We're hoping for firmer announcements after we see the license.

Robert Defendi
finalredoubt.com

Remove ads