New ad banner to go with the new content?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There's no new ad banner. They've always been there (well, for at least a decade). You can get rid of 'em with a Community Supporter Subscription. :)

You have a copper sub (I think) so it shouldn't be there for you. Which one specifically are you seeing?

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
There's no new ad banner. They've always been there (well, for at least a decade). You can get rid of 'em with a Community Supporter Subscription. :)

You have a copper sub (I think) so it shouldn't be there for you. Which one specifically are you seeing?

Well, yeah, I mean, I know it's been there. I thought having the subscription meant I shouldn't see them. I thought maybe the update had brought in a "mandatory" one or something.

Think my subscription is silver now. But either way.

I am seeing...well...a whole bunch. They change every few seconds.

Is my sub due? I suppose that's entirely possible but thought it was renewed automatically.

Whatever it takes. Just let me know so I can get rid of it again. Thanks. :)

wedgeski

Adventurer
I'm a Copper supporter and can see a top landscape banner, just beneath the forum breadcrumb. Currently showing an Office365 ad.

I'd like to check that I have actually turned these things off, but for the life of me can't find the setting that does it.

Riley

Legend
I'm a Copper supporter and can see a top landscape banner, just beneath the forum breadcrumb. Currently showing an Office365 ad.

I'd like to check that I have actually turned these things off, but for the life of me can't find the setting that does it.

Copper supporter as well. I've looked through the various settings, and I can't find a place to turn it off.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
The SUBSCRIBE banner reminded me to check and I am, indeed, a Silver Subscriber already, good until December.

So, since we've established that it's not just me, could it be some quirk/glitch of Google Chrome after the last update?

It's below the menu and the "Forum>topic>subforum>page" thing (the breadcrumbs?) and above any other content.

Whichever it is, I'd really like it removed (if it's on your end) or kow how to get rid of it (if it's something I can do myself).

Thanks much,as always, for all of the PITA work I know it takes to keep this site going (and the best RPG site there is!).

Remove ads