WotC New BG3 Picture

Is that within a nautiloid ships?

Since time ago I am saying WotC has got plans about vehicles in D&D because they want to launch Spelljammer as multimedia franchise. But they need a lot of betatesting about leveling up and earning XPs with castle sieges, mass and ship battles. Later they would try a reboot of Gamma World.

gyor

Legend
Is that within a nautiloid ships?

Since time ago I am saying WotC has got plans about vehicles in D&D because they want to launch Spelljammer as multimedia franchise. But they need a lot of betatesting about leveling up and earning XPs with castle sieges, mass and ship battles. Later they would try a reboot of Gamma World.

Yes it's in a Nautiloid Ship.

Since time ago I am saying WotC has got plans about vehicles in D&D because they want to launch Spelljammer as multimedia franchise.

This seems like a massive leap. They haven't even been able to launch D&D as a "multimedia franchise" in a particularly successful way (books/comic books, sure, but games have had limited success, and films/TV even less), and you think we're going to see a particularly risible, dated and silly fantasy setting become a "multimedia franchise"? It's a little hard to picture.

I'm sure they intend to bring back Spelljammer as a setting at some point, because it fits well with a lot of stuff and potentially "bolts on" to other campaigns well, but as a "multimedia franchise"?

gyor

Legend
This seems like a massive leap. They haven't even been able to launch D&D as a "multimedia franchise" in a particularly successful way (books/comic books, sure, but games have had limited success, and films/TV even less), and you think we're going to see a particularly risible, dated and silly fantasy setting become a "multimedia franchise"? It's a little hard to picture.

I'm sure they intend to bring back Spelljammer as a setting at some point, because it fits well with a lot of stuff and potentially "bolts on" to other campaigns well, but as a "multimedia franchise"?

Guardians. Of. The. Galaxy. mic drop

Remove ads