• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New boxed set

Sacrosanct

Legend
About time they brought this back :)

woodburning.jpg

gyor

Legend
I'm going to buck the trend and say I hope it's not a starter set, we have two of those for 5e and low level APs, maybe a Campaign Setting Boxed Set instead would be cool.

Sacrosanct

Legend
The artist is Clyde Caldwell, which I thought was neat way back in the day, that he did the art and got the castle named after him.

Clyde Caldwell was one of my top 5 favorite D&D artists* back in the 80s. I especially loved how he did gemstones. And the cover to DL1 is still one of my favorite pieces of D&D art ever. But yeah, he did have a thing for painting scantily clad damsels in distress (like Boris Vallejo, which I'm sure was a big influence) Not a style that would be met well today.

* in case you're curious, the others were: Bill Willingham, Jeff Dee, Trampier, and Elmore. He also made my top 10 overall artists, including Christos Achilleos, Mike Ploog, Frazetta, Brothers Hildebrant, and Erol Otus

Last edited:

Remove ads