• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E New Character Sheet Generator for D&D 4e

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Edit: My original post was totally wrong. It looks like everything is working properly in Firefox 10, though not 3.6.26.

Yay!

Last edited:

Kannik

Hero
Also, when printing, you can click on a card to hide it when printing. This means that if you get a new item or power, you don't have to print out all of your cards. When leveling up, you can print only the cards that have numbers that changed.

Now THAT is an awesome feature -- saves trees, time, energy and my need-to-cut-cards-out patience! Woo!

peace,

Kannik

nothe

First Post
Took a little finnagling to get FF 10.0 under OS X to work, so for any other mac users out there:

To change your margins, you'll want to go File -> Page Setup, and the 3rd dropdown (Paper Size), choose Manage Custom Sizes. There you can create a new custom size (I made a 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper with .1 margins all the way around).

To fix the problem where none of hte colors and almost none of hte icons show in a PDF/printed version, hit cmd-P (or choose print from the File Menu), and Click Show Details.

The dropdown menu at the top should say "Firefox" but if it doesn't, select it, and check the 2 boxes "Print Background Colors" and "Print Background Images". You also probably want to remove the header and footers there. then the PDF menu on the lower left will let you print your sheet to PDF, if you're not printing to an actual printer.

Nice tool, I'm excited to try it out!

Mechanimal

Explorer
Well, finally something that actually saves me a million pages. Now I have all my attacks on two pages, and I cut out the ability, skills, and item cards for quick reference. I am working on a dynamic little card to accompany this now, for all variable changes, but I want to keep it slim like this, so right now it's only the size of one card or so, calculating only surges, hp, and conditions.

Ferghis

First Post
It may be simply that I'm using Chrome, but Diamond Cincture creates an additional blank card for me. Other items (including the Diamond Cincture power) and powers display fine.

divide0

First Post
It may be simply that I'm using Chrome, but Diamond Cincture creates an additional blank card for me. Other items (including the Diamond Cincture power) and powers display fine.

It most likely is not a Chrome issue. Using chrome could make the size and shape of things wrong, or not print properly, but it will not create an additional card.

It is probably that WotC is a little sloppy or inconsistent in how they list the powers on the entry for that item. It is nice that they now put a lot of info in the character builder file, but the character builder itself does not rely on it for showing items and powers.

Remove ads