New Class idea: Demigod class

BigBro359

First Post
So, for anyone interested, a while ago my DM and I created a class called the Demigod Class. It is based on the Percy Jackson novels, and is kind of like an advanced Cleric combined with a Wizard class. The idea is that they are the half son of a god, and they retain some of the powers, and the powers grow as they grow in levels. For example, a son of Poseidon can control 1 cubic meter of water per level, and while controlling it they cannot move. They can speak and exert a certain amount of control over fish, and horses. They cannot drown, and have increased speed under water, and, if sleeping in water, can heal quickly. If you're interested in hearing more, leave a comment below

Last edited:

Tuzenbach

First Post
FWIW, I'm designing rules where the level system goes up to 110. At 100+, you're some sort of deity. At 50+, you're some sort of demi-god.

Tuzenbach

First Post
I would be interested in seeing those. The game you're planning must be utterly ridiculous.

Not really. It's just a D&D variant that goes further up. None of this "let's build a character that only goes to level 20" BS. Powers and abilities gained are more spread out. And ...... there's level titles for ALL 100+ levels..... In that regard, yeah, it could viewed as "ridiculous".....

BigBro359

First Post
Not really. It's just a D&D variant that goes further up. None of this "let's build a character that only goes to level 20" BS. Powers and abilities gained are more spread out. And ...... there's level titles for ALL 100+ levels..... In that regard, yeah, it could viewed as "ridiculous".....

Ah. Well how do you plan on structuring your campaign so it doesn't get too easy? And did you factor prestige classes into it?

Tuzenbach

First Post
Ah. Well how do you plan on structuring your campaign so it doesn't get too easy? And did you factor prestige classes into it?

I'll probably end up having to design a few dozen, thousand-hit-point monsters. Not that big of a deal. :p

And I'm rethinking a lot of the language that's been thrown around in the last 16 years or so. I don't like "prestige class", nor do I like "mundane", nor do I favor "buff". But once I get my alternative verbage in place, I'll be sure to let peeps know. Will I have things that, mechanically, fit the prestige class thingy? We'll see!!!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases