New D&D Adventure Reveal On 17th May at 'The Descent'

A 9-Hells based adventure sounds good to me. We have had devils show up in AP's before, but I think it is time for a devil-focused AP. Whether that is an angel, a celestial eladrin, or a miscolored trumpet archon, I can always use more celestials.

I would absolutely love an extraplanar romp for the next big adventure. And after the rage of demons, I think it's certainly time for the devils to get their due.

Also, that art by Fiona Staples is pretty darn awesome!

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
I am envious of all the optimism in this thread. I see no similarities at all to A Paladin in Hell, and the combination of double wings, blindness, and femininity is a clear nod to the angels of Magic: the Gathering, to me. I'm hard pressed to come up with a D&D analog for whatever this creature is.

I'm reminded that the cover image for Guildpact, the second set of the Ravnica block, was an Angel of Despair.

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
Some of those arms appear to be in shackles, not bracelets. Maybe a revolt in the Hells? The Lords of the 9 diverting the denizens of the abyss to attack the Higher Planes? Could this just be an Eladrin Vengeance Paladin going ham on her Dark Seldarine and Formorian foes? I like any of the options, but this would tie back to Mordies Tome of Foes if it were planar, just as Waterdeep tied back to Xanathar's.

Elon Tusk

Explorer
Some of those arms appear to be in shackles, not bracelets. Maybe a revolt in the Hells? The Lords of the 9 diverting the denizens of the abyss to attack the Higher Planes? Could this just be an Eladrin Vengeance Paladin going ham on her Dark Seldarine and Formorian foes? I like any of the options, but this would tie back to Mordies Tome of Foes if it were planar, just as Waterdeep tied back to Xanathar's.

There seems to be 2 versions of the image if you look on the link to the wallpaper, one has an arm with shackles and the other one doesn't:

View attachment 105727

View attachment 105728

Weird Dave

Adventurer
Publisher
Definitely seems planar focused given the imagery and ancillary content produced recently. As a consumer I absolutely hope that's the case, but as a DMsGuild creator I'm apprehensive. I've been working on the Codex of the Infinite Planes series for a year now, and I'm 15 volumes of a total 26 planned each one covering a plane of existence in the Great Wheel cosmology (take a look if you haven't already!). I have to be careful to tiptoe around Planescape so it would be cool not to have to do that, but if they released a full Manual of the Planes type book it's possible my series will get overshadowed. Oh well. It's also possible my products will be the perfect companion for such content!

dwayne

Adventurer
It could be an adventure path, and the city of doors may be a starting point and going into the 9 hells or maybe multiple planes and a primer to the city of door and planescape in general. Maybe to see if anyone will bite and if it may warrant more releases in the setting. But yes, i can see them priming darksun for a revamp roll out at some point down the road.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases