New D&D Boardgame Coming

Spotted at London's Toy Fair by Dicebreaker.com was a new D&D boardgame. The box says “your quick start, quick play entry into the world of D&D”.

dungeons-and-dragons-board-game-adventurers-gate-box-non-final.jpeg

photos by dicebreaker.com

This was in the catalog (different name, same art but some is rearranged):

Russ Morrissey

Comments

Nebulous

Hero
Huh. They're really pushing the new player angle huh? I guess that's working really well for them. I wonder if it will be much different from the other co-op dungeon crawl boardgames.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Huh. They're really pushing the new player angle huh? I guess that's working really well for them. I wonder if it will be much different from the other co-op dungeon crawl boardgames.
I wondered the same thing.

For something different and still D&D, I just saw Betrayal at Baldur's Gate at a local game store. It's based on Betrayal at House on the Hill, which is a very fun game.

Undrave

Hero
Looks neat! Do we have a time frame for the release? Our DM is on paternity leave, if you will, and we could use something to keep us busy in the meantime...

Nebulous

Hero
I wondered the same thing.

For something different and still D&D, I just saw Betrayal at Baldur's Gate at a local game store. It's based on Betrayal at House on the Hill, which is a very fun game.
I bought that but haven't had the chance to play it yet.

Nebulous

Hero
FWIW, I got the Tomb of Annihilation board game (mostly for the minis) and played it twice. I really, really don't enjoy the watered down gameplay. It is simplistic to the point of being boring, for me anyway, and lacks pretty much any of the regular D&D tactics.

DWChancellor

Kobold Enthusiast
Interesting how the cover looks like the world's most dedicated and elaborate children's drawing. So is this aimed at getting kids on board?

Sacrosanct

Legend
Perfect timing. I know some people who just weren’t interested in D&D because of the intimidation of the rules, so this would be a great introductory method.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
This kind of reminds me of the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game.

I'll definitely check it out for my kids...

In Our Store!

Advertisement

Latest threads

Advertisement