D&D Movie/TV New D&D movie details? Vecna?!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I feel a great affection for the character of Steve Urkel, but he has got a great contrast between his great qualities and annoying flaws. He is both the little ugly duckling and the noble prince, really clumsy how you have ever seen, but also but very smart and with a gold heart.

I never liked the Urkel character to the extent that I stopped watchung the show specifically because of my dislike for him. Nonetheless I do respect your answer and can see the merits youve listed as being valid

I can feel how that character feels, because he is a noble heart, honest, and very intelligent, but the rest of people only see his annoying flaws. That is the reason because I'm identify with him. I know how is wearing his shoes.

I thought that that's why Margaret Weiss can't do the movie. WotC still owns the rights.
The rights are a separate package, and the D&D movie rights are the ones in the hands of the film company. If the film company had acquired the Dragonlance rights instead of the D&D rights Weiss would have been involved.

I don't think there would be any reason Weiss couldn't be involved in the movie, should they want to hire her as a writer. It just couldn't be Dragonlance.

Chaosmancer

Legend
Why not base a movie on one of the best selling novels based on the game, no?

Honestly, I don't want them to do that for a few reasons.

The biggest one is that it is really hard to translate a story from one medium to another. Almost every movie made out of a book series gets shredded and destroyed in the process. Think about Eragon, a pretty great series (in my opinion, I haven't read it in years) that created a single movie that destroyed everything it touched.

Even the best movies, like the Harry Potter movies or the LoTR movies are often talked about with what they changed and/or got wrong than how great they were.

So, I think we are far better off getting a movie tha takes the property, and makes a unique story no one has published before. Because then we are less likely to get lambasted for the things they got wrong from the original story.

Still going to get blasted for getting the setting, mechanics, look, ect wrong. But we can at least avoid that with the story.

My opinion is Dragonlance adaptation should be as cartoon teleserie. And I even I dare to add a little retcon. A new character appears, but he is only a watcher, he doesn't change the story at all. In the end of the first season this character and Fizban talk, and he warns he knows the other is a chronomancer. This answers his mission is to avoid alterations by others, and then Fizban warns "the damage is just done. It isn't the first time what happens".

Remove ads