D&D Movie/TV New D&D movie details? Vecna?!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Again, really, the whole black/white thing is just one problem with drow. The whole femdom men hating dominatrixes is going to be a VERY tough sell. It's not like you can point to the Prose Edda as a source for that image.

Since the movie is doing a devil girl villain too, I see no reason not to include a Femdom motiff throughout - lots of body hugging black leather, lace and chains in the costume design works for me... :p

I just heard there was a tiefling, I haven't seen any mention that it was female or a villain.

My guess would be female and a party member.

Possibly even Farideh.

From wiktionary:

From Middle English elf, elfe, from Old English ælf (“incubus, elf”), from Proto-Germanic *albiz, from Proto-Indo-European *h₂elbʰós (“white”).

The original meaning of "elf" was something like "pale-skin". Then a dark-elf would be a etimologic contradiction.

Araks and siths are canon in Ravenloft. (sith isn't a original word by Star Wars, but other fae creature from folclore.

Isn't the fairy more usually spelled "sidhe" though? (Or "si". Or "shee", as in "banshee")

Chaosmancer

Legend
I just heard there was a tiefling, I haven't seen any mention that it was female or a villain.

My guess would be female and a party member.

Possibly even Farideh.

Nope, the article specifically mentions a woman and that she is a villain alongside the Drow and a warrior known as "The Beast"

Edit: Gave a name too, but I can't be bothered to look it up :p

I speak english natively and I'm not sure what the hell he meant by "n'le entendra" either. Its likely a typo where he meant to say "double entendre" but that's one hell of a typo.
No. Its more like english isnt my first language and i tried to dr moreau some things together which dont standardly exist but should work.

"N" as in "to the nth power" or "find 'n'".

"Le" (pronounced uhl) as in the suffix in double or triple or quadruple.

Entendra (normal use)

This drow conversation is interesting.

I'm half-black, and so through my father and my extended family, I have a little bit of perspective. And none of us have ever seen the drow as a racial stereotype. Some art in the 90s did this, but for the most part, drow look nothing like anyone in my family, have a completely alien culture to us, and the only connection you can make is on how dark their skin is. I personally (and this is not me speaking for anyone) is that it is more offensive to say that I, or my family, are drow because of dark skin then anything else. Why am I and those I'm related too being compared to a fantasy thing that looks and acts nothing like us?

Remove ads