• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) New D&D Edition's Player’s Handbook Cover Reveal

Game Informer has revealed the cover to the 2024 Player’s Handbook.

Game Informer has revealed the cover to the 2024 Player’s Handbook.

The cover features a gold dragon behind the old-school D&D characters Strongheart the paladin, Mercion the cleric, Elkhorn the dwarf fighter, and Molliver the thief. Ringlerun the wizard is absent (then again he got his showcase on one of the 1E AD&D Player's Handbooks), but a drow mage appears to have joined the party!

IMG_3566.jpeg

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Ever since I read in an article that like the name dungeons& dragons has the same brand recognition as Star wars but no one can name a dungeons& dragons character, outside of maybe Drizzt, made me think that wizards really dropped the ball with the IP.

Kind of find it interesting that they are putting some anonymous action figures from the '80s on the cover of the book in 2024 and acting like theyre legendary heroes that everyone should know and love, as if they're on the level of like an Optimus prime or a snake eyes. Oh boy, I'm so glad someone's making a Mercion the good female cleric reference in the 21st century!
Well, gotta start working on building that character recognition somewhere! Better 50 years late than never.

Kurotowa

Legend
An additional point someone raised on reddit about the second article. It quotes the number of feats being 75, while the playtest only had 64. And that's counting the Epic Boon feats, if those are removed there were only 48.

So there's either a few new feats that weren't in the playtest, or a lot of new feats that weren't in the playtest.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
An additional point someone raised on reddit out about the second article. It quotes the number of feats being 75, while the playtest only had 64. And that's counting the Epic Boon feats, if those are removed there were only 48.

So there's either a few new feats that weren't in the playtest, or a lot of new feats that weren't in the playtest.
I think we should prepare for a lot of people freaking out about how much Xanathar's and Tasha's content appears in the 2024 PHB.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
An additional point someone raised on reddit out about the second article. It quotes the number of feats being 75, while the playtest only had 64. And that's counting the Epic Boon feats, if those are removed there were only 48.

Probably a lot of Tasha's Feats are going to be in, such as the Psionic Feats.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads