• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) New D&D Edition's Player’s Handbook Cover Reveal

Game Informer has revealed the cover to the 2024 Player’s Handbook.

Game Informer has revealed the cover to the 2024 Player’s Handbook.

The cover features a gold dragon behind the old-school D&D characters Strongheart the paladin, Mercion the cleric, Elkhorn the dwarf fighter, and Molliver the thief. Ringlerun the wizard is absent (then again he got his showcase on one of the 1E AD&D Player's Handbooks), but a drow mage appears to have joined the party!

IMG_3566.jpeg

AstroCat

Adventurer
Wait who?

"Legendary characters from across the history of the game. We see the likes of Yolande the Elven queen, Strongheart the knight, Elkhorn the Dwarven warrior, the divine Mercion, and the rogueish Molliver,"

I've heard of Yolande but looking like she was race swapped (which is fine but it is a retcon). Strongheart and Elkhorn yea. The other 2?
Totally, who they heck are these "characters"?! I don't recognize anyone.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
D&D Grognards: "Why doesn't WotC respect the history of the game and old school art??"

WotC produces a painterly cover that looks like a homage to the 2E PHB but with the 80's action figures as the characters

D&D Grognards: "Who are these characters from the 80's, who has ever heard of them, why does this look so painted??"

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
People can like what they like, but people really think this cover is worse than these?

View attachment 363014View attachment 363015View attachment 363016View attachment 363017
I'd say about equal to the first and better than the others. I mean, I think the art is okay and wish the back cover was the front cover, but I know I am not the target for this art, as I have not liked much D&D art since 2E days (even if some of that was marginal as well in my opinion)

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Wait who?

"Legendary characters from across the history of the game. We see the likes of Yolande the Elven queen, Strongheart the knight, Elkhorn the Dwarven warrior, the divine Mercion, and the rogueish Molliver,"

I've heard of Yolande but looking like she was race swapped (which is fine but it is a retcon). Strongheart and Elkhorn yea. The other 2?
Mercion was one of the A&D action figures. Molliver, I had to google it up. Apparently, a character from Quest for the Heartstone.

Remove ads

Remove ads