WotC New D&D survey from WotC

Greg K

Legend
At question 39, I was asked my age and question 40 was Gender with submit. With regards to M:TG, I was only asked a few general questions about M:TG and playing it on the table (including when I first played and colors I prefered). Being asked only a few questions might have been response to my answering that I dislike M:TG and would not recommend it and also answering that my likeliness to recommend D&D was a '7' (it is probably more like a 5 or 6, but I did just include it among recommendations to a friend).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I play both Magic and D&D (I'm not much of a Magic player - I don't like making decks, but I'll play with other people's decks, premade decks, and random-shuffles). On the other hand, I play D&D multiple times per week and I have done for 35 years.

I think I had a pretty short survey myself. Maybe it's random or something?

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
This is a werd question -- "Do you feel Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) is on its way up and growing in strength, holding its ground and pretty consistent, or on its way down and losing momentum?"

Does it mean like market share? I assume they know better than we do.
You didn’t that question for M:tG too? And yes, interesting question. I of course answered that I thought M:tG was going down and D&D was going up, just due the amount of cultural attention being spent on either.

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
As a 41 year old who very casually played MTG for six months twenty years ago (I scrapped together two decks from extra cards friends had and bought some lands) but has played D&D across editions for over thirty years, my 38 questions were far too heavily weighted towards Magic. There really need to be a better way of navigating away from a topic in this survey.

I play both Magic and D&D (I'm not much of a Magic player - I don't like making decks, but I'll play with other people's decks, premade decks, and random-shuffles). On the other hand, I play D&D multiple times per week and I have done for 35 years.

I think I had a pretty short survey myself. Maybe it's random or something?
Does seem odd, I'm in the same boat: played MtG a little, a long time ago, play D&D regularly, over 50, and I seemed to get most of the questions (I didn't note the exact %). There was a section on DMing which I guess you might not have had?

KainGuru

Explorer
They didn't ask 'why haven't you played for over 12 months' - because my reply would havs been covid and a front line worker. Not asking that will kind of skew their data and assumptions drawn from that skewed data will be erroneous. I've not given up on the game, I just can't play at the moment

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases