New Discussion Thread

Atanatotatos

First Post
Gotcha, thanks guys.

Neither the case with and without errata seem like optimal solutions - I spent a feat for my PC to be trained in Stealth without really being aware what sort of mess it was, it would seem. :erm:

Offhand, Ata's proposal sounds good to me: No stealth with light concealment, but ok with light cover.

Yeah, that's because rogues do need CA to function as strikers at range.
Id give it a penaly of -2 and make it necessary to have moved at least 1 square if already hidden(I'm talking about light cover here).

Atanatotatos

First Post
A few days ago we were discussing the new Dragon Minotaur. Well, I finally had a chance to take a look at it (though not really throughly), and my impression is that the race itself, without the Oversized feature is a bit crappy; the feats look nice and actually make the race decent, but, on the other side, I think the paragon paths can be a bit problematic. The first one, in particular, looked a bit overpowered to me...

Dawn Raven

First Post
Ooh! Ooh! I'm a defender!!

Heh, but seriously, I already asked Halford about joining the Ebon Mirror adventure, and I believe he said he has someone already :( Ah well, we'll just wait for the next adventure to come along, I don't think it'll be too long (or rather I hope it won't, haha.)

Until then we'll continue to cause a ruckus in the tavern.. although I am looking to starting a game soon. Le sigh.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Supporter
How's all this work in general? I've got my character submitted, not approved yet, but I've gone ahead and entered the tavern.

I'm not sure how one gets involved in an adventure though,

Dawn Raven

First Post
We sit around the tavern and, at least from my view, use it to get to know other players and show off our RP talents. When a DM wants to start a game, he will "enter" the tavern looking for workers. Although since there are so many of us, I have a feeling competition will be fierce...

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Yes, that's pretty much my understanding as well. Though I'm not sure that the tavern is intended to be a place for people to "show off their RP skills" so much as it's a place for you to have fun RPing with your new character before you have a game to join ;) I'm not sure what's going to happen to us when an adventure comes down the pipe though ... There's definitely a crowd in there! If I were the DM I think I'd do first come first serve for each role, plus one wildcard. But that's just me ;)

Dawn Raven

First Post
I meant it in a more metaphorical sense. Although "showing off" was a poor turn of phrase. I was really thinking along the lines of exercise, rather. I apologize for my poor explication.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Ah, no worries. I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one DM who read the tavern thread and had at least tentative favorites based on what went on in there ;)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I've been thinking with so many more players than adventures, it might be good to arrange more self-directed roleplaying - maybe some nightly entertainment at the tavern that players can take part in (do they have pub trivia in this setting?) or athletic matches. Or a training hall where we can spar.

People seem to be pretty involved in RP right now, but if we start getting bored we could start something else up. Any other ideas?

Remove ads