• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Druid Build....Now with the Magician!

Nyaricus

First Post
Nice take on the magician class; i really like it!!

There is a neat little tradition on ceremonial daggers from all over the world (the kris is a very famous one, the athame another) being associated with magic; and what with you want to include those themes into your campaign world, the Athame will be perfect for that. Again, i am really digging your campaigns themes; they are a much more realised version of the campaign i am slowly building.

I am really likeing your idea on having different BAB progressions for the classes. The fact than throughout adventuring the Wizard (from D&D) is still HALF as good as the fighter in a given battle rubs me the wrong way. Think you could post up your BAB and weapon-skill charts? i'd be interested to see this . . .

Other than that, this looks pretty balanced overall. Ugh, i am really busy these days, so I'll have to give it a closer look later. It looks great from my skim though! I'll definitively be considering some of these abilities for my mage class IMC.

Nyaricus

First Post
RC, just for the record, wanna give us a class list for your campaign world?? this would be really cool!!

For myself, heres mine (please keep in mind that this is a class list for a Campaign set in roughly 1050 AD)

Bard (re-working to make it more historically accurate)
Berserker (straight out of the Nordic Sagas; replaces Barbarian)
Crusader (a Holy Knight and/or Warrior-Priest; replaces Paladin [and changes quite a bit])
Cutthroat (back-alley back-stabber, a sort of assassin (martial rogue)
Druid (a nature priest, inspired by the true Celtic Druid [redesigned PHB Druid])
Monk/Nun(basically, a monastic, Benedictian-style holy man/woman, NOT a shaolin monk [like in the PHB])
Priest (what the cleric should have been all along. Basically, a "divine mage")
Ranger (a woodsman and hunter of beasts and baddies)
Shaman (as was so wisely stated on another thread, a "proto-druid" of sorts.
Theif (Master pick-pocket and swindler. Int and Dex build (Skill-based rogue)
Warrior (the standard Fighter, now with a better name!)
Wizard (a arcanist, designing it to be made more general (replaces Wizard and Sorcerer)

so, i dropped the monk (and basically the sorcerer too) and redesigned the barbarian, cleric, druid, paladin, and rogue (and split the rogue into two classes). Any other medieval archetypes more appropriate for a base class???

Nyaricus

First Post
Cool classes. The one that stands out is Shadowfist > is this a play on the Monk (shaolin monk, i should say) that is in the PHB?? or something completely new?

I like and dislike the idea of a Witch base class. There are so many misconceptions regarding them, in history, that i personally wouldn't touch 'em. Good on you for tackling it. Yet another things I'd like to see from your vault of many things :D

I can see that this thread is becoming more of a "discuss RC's campaign setting thread" than not. The best part? I don't mind at all :D

Nyaricus

First Post
that was an interesting Witch build > lotsa flavour. What about your Shadowfist class though?? Where'd it come from??

--gtg to bed, really tired. I'll be back

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads