• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New edition coming? Cool? Not rounding out 4th's core set? Not cool.

Evenglare

Adventurer
By this I mean Dungeon Master's Guide 3, with focus on epic levels. I feel if this book doesnt get released it would be like a big middle finger to the 4th edition fans. Sure go ahead and start working on 5th , thats fine. I'm looking forward to it, but finish what you have started. DMG3 would be the perfect end to the system. Rounding out all 30 levels of play to the end of your character and the end of the system.

I'm going to very angry if this doesn't surface. Extremely angry.

Holy Bovine

First Post
By this I mean Dungeon Master's Guide 3, with focus on epic levels. I feel if this book doesnt get released it would be like a big middle finger to the 4th edition fans. Sure go ahead and start working on 5th , thats fine. I'm looking forward to it, but finish what you have started. DMG3 would be the perfect end to the system. Rounding out all 30 levels of play to the end of your character and the end of the system.

I'm going to very angry if this doesn't surface. Extremely angry.

Was DMG 2 focused on Paragon tier? I didn't notice that when reading it.

Also you shouldn't get angry about such little things. Bad for your stress levels.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I think in the last few months, we have finally begun to see paragon adventures in Dungeon...epic is not really considered a "success" in 4E (though I am sure it has worked for some people) and is (a small) part of why we are getting 5E.

In all seriousness, this could be something for a fan project. (ie us).

the Jester

Legend
What makes you think that WotC ever intended to put out a DMG3 focused on epic stuff, out of curiosity?

I can recall a lot of Internet speculation about it, but I don't remember WotC ever doing anything to stoke it; every time anyone asked them about epic support (that I am aware of), the answer was always, "There aren't enough people playing epic yet."

Evenglare

Adventurer
I think you answered the question yourself. The reason a dmg3 hasn't come out was because no one was playing epic . At this point people should be on epic stuff... But also we never got other things from the DMG line such as the phb3 class templates.

Also I don't buy into the whole no one is playing epic so we don't have to support it mentality. I believes it goes the other way, by this I mean that people are not playing epic because it has received little support...

Kantru

First Post
Gencon 2011 at the product seminar (one of them) the presenters talked about a DMG to cover Epic Tier sometime in 2012, maybe. The delay, and fuzziness on the date was to allow a larger portion of players to advance to the epic tier. A question I plan on bringing up at DDXP in a few weeks. I think the content should be out there, even if it is a DDI Article

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads