New Feat: Countering

Romotre

First Post
Well maybe its new, I haven't found it.

Countering [General]
Opponents that miss you terribly leave themselves open to a quick attack
Prerequisites: Dex 13+, Combat Reflexes, Expertise, Base Attack of +8 or higher.
Benefit: If an enemy the is within one size catergory of you that you threaten misses your armor class by 5 or more, you can a single attack with a light weapon that deals half damage. This counts as an attack of opportunity.
Normal: When an enemy misses you, he just looks dumb.

Its like in any kung fu movie when that hero is attack by a bunch of crappy guys and they swing wildly and he ducks and does some little quick fancy move (yes that was three adjectives in a row). How can I make this idea work?

evileeyore

Mrrrph
I would go with:

Counter Strike [General]
You are adept at countering an oppenents blows with your own. Whenever they miss they leave themselves open for attack.
Prerequisites: Dex 13+, Int 13+, Combat Reflexes, Expertise, Base attack +8 or higher.
Benefit: When using Expertise, if an opponent you threaten misses your armor class by the amount you declared, you may take an attack of opportunity. This attack counts agianst your limit of attacks of opportunity.

JMHO

TTFN

Romotre

First Post
Well, I'm going to assume that since you didn't change much and didn't say anything that you like the feat. But your suggestion about the missing by the amount declared as two drawbacks. First, it means to have to use expertise, which although makes sense on some levels, does not grasp the concept of the feat. The character with this feat will all be amazing fighters, and you never see guys like that fighting defensivly against a horde of peons. Maybe you fight that way when fighting a more challenging enemy, but they don't often miss your AC by 5. Also, this basically means that even if the opponent hits your regular AC, if you use any amount of expertise you can counter. I think this should only be true if you used full expertise (the fives cancel).

Remove ads