New Feats for review

Crothian

First Post
Romotre said:
the point of the feat is to be able to sacrafice personal safety to get the last/vital attack (like diving to catch something). the point is not to just trade a little. any dodge bonus to trade is a good idea. how about limiting it to once/round? make it 10+dodge but you can only do it once/round.

limiting what to once a round? Attacking? Making this a full round attack would be a good balancing maneuver.

starwolf

First Post
In regards to the All out Attack feat IMNSHO this is too powerful as written. There is already a mechanic in the rules that reflects some of this thinking, it a result of the Rage feat wher a Barb. takes a -2 to AC....so if what I would recommend would be to make All out Attack a max of -2AC+dex bonus, so a character with a 16 dex could opt to take a -5 to his AC and get a +5 to hit.....also I would say that this would have to be declared at the beginningg of the round sequence and the charcter would then act last in the round.
Imp. All out Attack would then be the next logical step with a max of +4+dex mod.

Crothian

First Post
the problem is that at first level you can get to big a bonus. it needs to be limited. Both the other feats, Expertise and Power attack, have a limiting factor that grows with level. THis feat needs that, too.

Romotre

First Post
how about keep the super bonus but make it a standard action which you get 1 attack. then you could run (move) up and give em the business...and hope they die. the reason expetise is limited is because AC is better that +hit. chances are an enemy won't die in one attack and yer screwed for the rest of the round. its good in the instance its used for. a last desperate attempt. would the 1 attack thing balance it? maybe not before multiple attack but it would in the long run. i don't see the problem for low level characters. sure +8-12 to hit is a bunch, but -8-12 to AC is devastating esp with low HP and enemies that would normally miss quite often

Remove ads