• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E New Feats Survey!

I think feats work fine in 5E, but I also think the game is better balanced not assuming their presence. Let them be a special add-on rather than a de facto requirement for play.
Everything is fine as an optional rule, I just want to keep those the heck away from my own game.

With all my books of 3.5 I have an enough list of feats, but I like the idea of racial feats because these help the PC races could enjoy options that have a special touch. I loved that idea from Pathfinder 2, where the PC races aren't typecasted into certain classes (fight, spellcasting, wealth) but they can keep an exclusive style.

Sorry, maybe I am not explaining it with the right words.

Nod_Hero

Explorer
I griped about the usuals and and raved about the usuals.

I also suggested that they tweak more feats to use "You can select this feat multiple times."
Included in my list of suggestions was:
Linguist
Magic Initiate
Martial Adept
Resilient
Ritual Caster
Skilled
Spell Sniper
Weapon Master

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I'm part way through it now, and so far I'm just rating each feat on what is basically a 7-point scale, with the mid-point inappropriately named "slightly satisfied" - the mid-point should be neutral, otherwise the survey is skewing respondents to favor things.

I don't think you should have to spend an ASI on a feat to get a proficiency, and I told them as much.

There's a lot of feats I've never chosen for a character because they have features that are very hit-or-miss, and I feel weird blowing an ASI on something that might be helpful sometimes.

Last edited:

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
This is the issue with basically all their surveys. I don't think they can get much useful data.
Yeah, survey design is not, and never really has been, a particular strength of WotC. Even when the questions or answers aren't biased, they're often collecting a single data point on something that's really a collection. "Disliked because weak," "disliked because OP," and "dislike because don't like the very concept of X" are all treated the same, and there's just not enough comment space to specify everything (not that that would be particularly useful for analysis anyway--that requires reading every person's response and correctly condensing it down to data!)

Remove ads