new generator lists

reiella

Explorer
I do like the legendary bird defense, fits rather nicely with Meowth's flavor-text for phoenix (Moltres! :).

I also just generally don't like shark or manta ray for that matter (as I said above). We removed shark in the past however for some reason that I kinda forgot now :) I believe though.

Wicht

Hero
1. Snake, Lizard (reptile)
2. crane, falcon (bird)
3. fox, wolf (canine)
4. tiger, panther (cat)
5. rabbit, rat (rodent)
* 6. spider, scorpion (venom)
7. crab, turtle (shell)
8. Manta Ray, Shark (fish)
9. Cherry Blossum, Lotus Blossum (flower)
10. Willow, Oak (tree)
* 11. Mantis, Grasshopper (insect)
12. dagger, sword (blade)
* 13. dart, spear (arrow)
14. hammer, mace (iron)
15. staff, nunchaku(wood)
16. kama, scythe (sickle)
17. cane, fan (nobility)
18. claw, fang (tooth and nail)
* 19. phoenix, dragon (flame)
20. unicorn, ki-rin (horn)
21. chimera, manticore (abomination)
* 22. ???, ??? (???)
23. Blizzard, thunder (storm)
*24. West-wind, East-wind (four-winds)
*25. Sun, Northstar (star)

* These have been changed. Venom replaced vermin as a defense and Mantis and Grasshopper were added. Dart replaced needle, roc was eliminated and phoenix combined with dragon and flame. Four-winds replaced breeze as a defense, blizzard replaced rain and sun took its place with star as the defense. All this leaves 2 openings.

Jackal

First Post
Well for #22 we can have:

Basilisk, Medusa (gaze)
Fire Elemental, Earth Elemental (Elements)
Tornado, Hurricane (wind?)
Octopus, Squid (tenacles)
Cow, Pig (farm animals) :)
rain, Snow (weather)
gaunlet, cestus (fist)
whip, chain (not sure but could be cool IC wise)

z_mystic

First Post
hmm It's taken me a while to finally post in here because I didn't know if anyone would pay attention (or I'd have anything decent to ramble on about ;) )

Back in the day when I got Raven as my sig style for the second time going up a different path (Light instead of Honor, I'm also the only person that doesn't complain much about light it seems :), anyways I digress) I didn't quite like it at the time, but like a mold setting in, it just grows on you for some reason, dunno why. I see you've changed pheonix over instead of trying to pair it up, which just screwed up my current idea... The raven has no real in character need for me, because of the nature to just drift from battle to battle (which brings up another not much touched on topic of role-playing with characters, but I digress again).

That just turned into some big rambling about me not getting to keep raven style, with some other things thrown in...oh well guess I'll live without it if need be.

Wicht

Hero
I like raven - it could always replace falcon or crane. the main thing is we only have 50 openings so we gotta cut some things in order to make pairs - I combined phoenix with dragon because there was a mate there and I was not to happy anyway with Roc or Wyvern.

The other possible pair that could be eliminated/changed is the manticore, chimera - they do not go all that well with the theme IMO. And if we really wanted to keep it eastern the unicorn could be replaced with the rhinoceros. Or we can keep it the way it is now.

reiella

Explorer
We also could increase the table-size.

If we do so however, we would probably need to increase the location size to be the same, and possibly the modifier table size.

Wicht

Hero
If we increase the table size we are going to eventually run into the same problem YB 1.0 had - namely a devaluing of the sig styles and an increase value in the other powers. Better to practice self discipline and keep it at 50.

Zappo

Explorer
Every time you add a new sig style, you decrease the chance of any given style of appearing, thus devaluing the "sig style" power.

There is no way to prevent this, except by redesigning a lot of things from scratch (like, changing many powers from all paths so that a change in the table size equally affects every path), and we aren't going to do this, I suppose. :)

So... gotta stick to 50.

Remove ads