• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Greyhawk Hardcover

Uder

First Post
Erik Mona seems to be happy about his next freelance project, hinting that it tops his latest "dream project," FC1.
http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=2892737&postcount=331
http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=2900655&postcount=396

http://www.superunicorn.com/erik/2006/04/bingo.html
Martyn: "Indeed. But I guess what everyone wants to hear is, what are *you* gonna do about it, Mr. Publisher-Now?"
Erik: "As to what *I'm* gonna do about it, well, stay tuned."

http://www.superunicorn.com/erik/2005/08/brief-history-of-multiverse.html
"There's some stuff on the aboleth in that book, too, so it's obvious I'll need to read "Lords of Madness" before I ratchet this thing down to a more "official" format."
(Emphasis mine, and probably reading more into it than what's there)

My guess is that we're finally going to see a new Greyhawk hardcover, maybe a player's guide, maybe a full-blown campaign book.

What would you like to see in a Greyhawk hardcover? More gods is a cinch for me. Regional feats are a great idea from FRCS. Normally I'm not fond of PrCs, but I'd like to see some for the major organizations in the world - the Knights of the Hart, Veluna, etc. A pullout copy of the maps from Dungeon would be great for those of us who didn't get them (or all of them).

Oh, and I agree with Jeff Dee. Lay back on the capes and bell-bottoms.

Shade

Monster Junkie
While I do agree that this is a Greyhawk book (and said as much in the Hordes of the Abyss thread), I don't necessarily think the history of the multiverse link is related. If you note the dates, he posted that prior to even announcing FC 1. It seems the theoretical Greyhawk gig came along more recently.

Glyfair

Explorer
Honestly, I don't want a Greyhawk Campaign Book. Reprinting the Gazeeteer would be enough on that front. At best it could use some minor adapting to the 3.5 rules (adjusted domains for the gods). I might handle a "Player's Guide to Greyhawk," but that's as close as I would want.

On the other hand, a more specific book would be great. Give me a book on the City of Greyhawk, levels of Castle Greyhawk, etc. and I'd be happy. I just took advantage of Troll Lords' current special to pick up the C&C book. Not because I plan on using it (I might, but I'm not planning on it), but so I have enough familiarity to understand and convert the Castle Zagyg series.

Uder

First Post
Flexor the Mighty! said:
This would be cool. If it it not all mechanics I'd probably buy it for my C&C game.
See, I (selfishly) want the opposite. I've got just about every Greyhawk product ever published, aside from a couple of the non-canon modules and some magazine articles. The Living Greyhawk Gazetteer is a already a solid foundation for a GH campaign (and would be perfect for C&C players). I'd like to see some of the best 3E concepts applied with full force to Greyhawk lore, as well as a consolidation of the best crunchy bits from the Living Greyhawk Journal, Dragon and Dungeon.

Admittedly, a new campaign guidebook would the way to go if they're seeking to grow the Greyhawk audience and not just cater to those of us that already have everything. I guess I have to realize that not everyone out there has easy access to the background info and may not be as interested in crunchy at-the-table bits as me.

Uder

First Post
Glyfair said:
On the other hand, a more specific book would be great. Give me a book on the City of Greyhawk, levels of Castle Greyhawk, etc. and I'd be happy.
I'm dying from dehydration, and you're giving me Dom Perignon. Either of those would be stellar, better to me than a player's guide or campaign book. All of them would be better...

Erik Mona

Adventurer
I've been interested in D&D's (and, by extension, "Greyhawk's") ancient history for decades. The multiversal thinking I did a year ago was in preparation for the Age of Worms and for the Fiendish Codex, and has nothing whatsoever to do with the project I'm currently working on.

I wouldn't encourage anyone to try to read anything into the subtext here.

--Erik

Erik Mona said:
I've been interested in D&D's (and, by extension, "Greyhawk's") ancient history for decades. The multiversal thinking I did a year ago was in preparation for the Age of Worms and for the Fiendish Codex, and has nothing whatsoever to do with the project I'm currently working on.

--Erik

Dammit. You need to take your bastard sword over to WoTC, let loose a barbaric "Yalp!" and not let them leave until they agree to hire you to write a hardcover Greyhawk book!

At least that's what I'd do.

If I lived in Seattle.

And had a bastard sword.

And was Erik Mona.

And didn't mind a small jail term.

/slashie
//double slashie

joe b.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
jgb,

Maybe you need to take some time off....

Erik,

Any chance this new product is Scarred Lands Campaign setting? ;)

(What? It's not like you GH people don't cry out for it at least once in a while... not my stuff but still!)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Erik Mona said:

--Erik

Okay, but we can dream, can't we? :p

Remove ads