• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Heroes Arise IC

bruin

First Post
Haldamir backs down, breaking off eye contact with the barbarian. He steps forward and calmly selects a potion of Levitate, a sunrod, and a smokestick. "I apologize for the interruption, Sir William. Some of us are obviously quite anxious to do something about these dire events. You were saying...?"

doghead

thotd
Thels said:
"Oh, and there is a difference between caution and cowardice. While we have no use for cowards, we have little use as well for people that blindly run themselves into troubles."

Hoegor shifts his weight back onto his spear. Ignoring Haldamir he says in a quite voice to Dierdre, "Thank you, m'Lady. That was most eloquently put."

But his attention shifts back to Haldamir as the monk starts forward and his eyes follow Haldamir as he gathers some things from the chest. With a small sigh (of resignation?) he returns his attention to the old wizard.

Last edited:

batchie

First Post
After hearing what William had to say Kordrim stands back and watches the fireworks between his to comrades. "This is going to be a fun trip. " He says with an evil laugh to himself.

Thels

First Post
doghead said:
Bruder ...

OOC: Wrong campaign :p

Deirdre relaxed a bit and watches the others. When Hoegor and Haldamir seem to be ignoring each other, she walks over to the chest and kneels down. After tobbing for a little while, she decides to pick a potion of bull's strength, a tanglefoot bag and a sunrod.

Jemal

Adventurer
"Er, yes, but please try to keep it in good shape." William says to Jeremy's question, while raising an eye as Hoegor and Haldamir face off. When Deirdre has settled them down, smiles thankfully at her for a secodn before adressing the group again.

"If I did not think you had a fair chance of surviving, I would be contacting the council and organizing an evacuation." He says directly to Hoegar. "I am not going to make anyone go who does not wish to, but If you cannot do it..." He sighs and shakes his head.

"I can, however, give you some more information too give you a better chance of stopping this thing. I've discovered that there are 2 levels above ground, and perhaps as many as 3 or 4 underground. I believe that the ritual room that is behind all this will be on the bottom level. The top floors appear empty of any life. A small band of Orcs has taken up residence in the first sub-level, I beleive they are the remnants of the group that just attacked us, so while you're there you can finish up that bit of business. I've also detected movement below that, but my arcane eyes were destroyed by something before they could descend any further, so I only have vague information about the lower levels."

He takes a breath and continues "The temple goes back beyond any of my information sources, all I know of it is what I've seen... That it has symbols of varoius evil dieties all about it, including Nerull, Vecna, and an ancient evil known as Belzebub. I cannot detect any lingering magics of these three dieties, fortunately, otherwise I would not even have asked you here. Also, I've located and magically disarmed two traps, though there may be more, especially closer to the ritual room."

"Does anyone else have any other questions about anything?"

Thels

First Post
A small group of orcs shouldn't be a problem, but I really don't like that part about the symbols. If evil once housed there, then remnants of that evil must still remain.

Deirdre patiently listens as the man is speaking, occasionally peeking at Hoegor and Haldamir. When he's done speaking, she asks: "Appearantly you got quite the abilities to reach for distant places. Is there perhaps any way we stay in contact with you once we arrive the temple?"

doghead

thotd
Thels said:
"Appearantly you got quite the abilities to reach for distant places. Is there perhaps any way we stay in contact with you once we arrive the temple?"

Clever lady. You at least seem to have thought a little bit about what you're going to be doing.

"If that could be done, it would be of great tactical advantage. Particularly if things go badly for us. Then you would have a much better idea of what you are up against."

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Jillian takes her turn at the goodies and decides to grab a levitate potion, a smokestick, and a tanglefoot bag.

batchie

First Post
Giving will youy a nod to let him know he had no questions at the moment Kordrim went across to the chest and took out an
Alchemest fire, Acid flask and Bull strength.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads