D&D (2024) New leak looks real bad

John Lloyd1

Explorer
Aaaand Nerd Immersion is confirming as well.

This is like... If all the hyperbole about 4e were literally true it still wouldn't be this bad, folks.
Is that including all the hardbacks? If it did, that might be more reasonable if it also includes vtt and all the DnD beyond features. I wouldn't pay it, but I tend to do the micro transactions.

Haplo781

Legend
Is that including all the hardbacks? If it did, that might be more reasonable if it also includes vtt and all the DnD beyond features. I wouldn't pay it, but I tend to do the micro transactions.
Reminder that 4e offered that deal for a third the price (although their VTT never materialized for reasons outside their control).

Dausuul

Legend
Yeah, $30/year actually is reasonable. $360/year... that'd be a hard no from me.

And homebrew banned at base tiers? You have to pay extra to homebrew? WTF?

I was planning to boycott Wizards until they quit trying to kill the OGL. If this is where Wizards-D&D is headed... I guess that'd be the end of my boycott. It isn't boycotting if you weren't going to buy it anyway.

I'm fine with AI DMs or players for people who can't find people - then it's basically a video game, and NWN did not end anything. $30/year is absurd for a video game, however.

It's $30 for a quasi video game + what amounts to a digital magazine + who knows what else, this is the top tier, we don't know how much the lower tiers will cost.

Remove ads