New Miniatures... Info?

Aluvial

Explorer
The new format for the D&D miniatures still has me scratching my head...

There are 40 monsters... how many are rare? Do they still have rares? I know that 8 are visible. How many cases would I need? I usually buy 3 and am usually short 1 rare.... the new distribution is confusing me.

What about the character packs? How many do you think I would need for a full set? There are 3 visibles in each pack... do I only need one of each? Or more?

Any help... I'm pre-ordering soon.

Keith Robinson

Explorer
There are 40 monsters... how many are rare? Do they still have rares? I know that 8 are visible.

Apparantly the distribution for the MM Delves (40 figures per set) is 8 Visible, 8 Common, 8 Uncommon, 16 Rare and you get 8 boosters per case. Also (apparantly) cases will come with 1 each of the 8 visible minis (I've also heard that you'll be able to buy cases based on the inidividual visibles - so cases of 8 aboleths, etc).

What about the character packs? How many do you think I would need for a full set? There are 3 visibles in each pack... do I only need one of each? Or more?

I've no idea for the method for cases for the character sets. However, there are six packs I believe (arcane heroes 1, arcane heroes 2, divine heroes, martial heroes 1, martial heroes 2, and primal heroes). Each contains three visible figures and that's it (so no random minis unseen inside the box.

As for how many to buy or how many you need, only you can decide that!

You can find a thread here on the UK Minis website with lots of pics, plus a set list and few other bits.

HTH

CharlesRyan

Adventurer

The Heroes SKUs are not blind or randomized. The 3 visibles are the three minis in the pack. Buy one each of all six packs, and you have all of the minis.

I believe the Heroes packs come in assortment cases; one case contains one of each SKU. But don't quote me on that.

Hope that helps!

The Heroes SKUs are not blind or randomized. The 3 visibles are the three minis in the pack. Buy one each of all six packs, and you have all of the minis.

I believe the Heroes packs come in assortment cases; one case contains one of each SKU. But don't quote me on that.

Hope that helps!

Haha, I just did anyway. ;)

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I'd guess yes, but I'm not sure how Auggie will do it. The reduction in randomness and the price increase increases his costs considerably. I'd guess, only guess, that the days of 19 cent commons is gone. His issue is that if they have any of the visibles that are bad/sucky/hard to sell, he could be in trouble in terms of getting rid of them. The visibles are uncommon (it is unclear to me if you can also get the visible as an uncommon in a random slot).

Nebulous

Legend
Well, the way i see it, even if the cost rises, there's 20 less miniatures in the set to buy from, so the end price will probably come out about the same. Maybe. We'll see.

Pseudopsyche

First Post
I'd guess yes, but I'm not sure how Auggie will do it. The reduction in randomness and the price increase increases his costs considerably. I'd guess, only guess, that the days of 19 cent commons is gone. His issue is that if they have any of the visibles that are bad/sucky/hard to sell, he could be in trouble in terms of getting rid of them. The visibles are uncommon (it is unclear to me if you can also get the visible as an uncommon in a random slot).
If it's true that you can buy a case of eight boosters all with the same visible figure, shouldn't Auggie be able to avoid buying more of the visible figures that don't sell? If so, then the reduction in randomness shouldn't increase prices any further than the inherent price increase determined by WotC. (I'm assuming that the non-visible figures are distributed independently of the visible ones.)

Edit: My understanding is that the visible figures are separate from the common, uncommon, and rare ones. They essentially added a fourth category.

Last edited:

Aluvial

Explorer
I've no idea for the method for cases for the character sets. However, there are six packs I believe (arcane heroes 1, arcane heroes 2, divine heroes, martial heroes 1, martial heroes 2, and primal heroes). Each contains three visible figures and that's it (so no random minis unseen inside the box.

What is the price point for the Hereos sets with only 3 each? Why can't I find it anywhere?

Split the Hoard

Split the Hoard
Negotiate, demand, or steal the loot you desire!

A competitive card game for 2-5 players
Remove ads