D&D 5E New monster - stone tire hooligan

Was inspired by an old comic strip called B.C.. Gneiss city has a hooligan problem where roaming bands of homo floresiensis rich kid punks ride around on those stone unicycles causing mischief. not only open to all feedback, but anybody have any luck drawing them?
1000006169.png

Cordwainer Fish

Imp. Int. Scout Svc. (Dishon. Ret.)
It's still in syndication, 66 year down the road. Hart's grandson is doing the strip these days, as well as Wizard of Id. Took till 2019 for him to stop calling the token female characters Fat Broad and Cute Chick.

I'm all for respecting comic history, but this one I could do without being reminded of.
Is he an antisemitic Islamophobic christofascist like his grandfather was?

honestly, I just wanted to make a bunch of hoodlums and I remembered the old game B.C.'s quest for tires and thought it would work well for my Gneiss City world.
Sure, who doesn't like sort-of-unicycles? The only thing better than a stone-wheeled unicycle would be a metal one, perhaps with chariot scythes on the axles. :) It's just the comic that has some kind of nasty connotations for folks who recall it from the 80s.
Is he an antisemitic Islamophobic christofascist like his grandfather was?
Honestly, I don't know, although from a brief look I don't see any mention of it since he took over. On the one hand, his perpetuation of the sexist character nicknames until a mere five years ago was pretty rotten and a bad sign. On the other hand, from the couple of handfuls of modern strips I looked at yesterday (after being reminded BC existed) I didn't see anything terrible (or original, or funny), just the same gag strip it was for over two decades before the gramps found his god and started with the obvious bigotry in print.

On the gripping hand, consider whether you'd like to be pre-judged by your own grandparents. One of mine used to tell my sister and I that Catholics ate the flesh of babies at communion and Irish folks were subhuman animals - at least until my father found out and we never left alone with them again. Not everyone swallows the poison from their childhoods, some spit it out. Good thing too, or the world would be even worse than it is.

Remove ads