New Numenera Kickstarter Delves Into Liminal Shores

Monte Cook Games' latest Kickstarter contains three new hardcover Numenera books - Voices of the Datasphere (a 'metaphysical' space), Liminal Shore (a new continent on the Ninth World), and Edge of the Sun (secrets of why the sun hasn't swallowed the earth yet, a billion years from now).

Monte Cook Games' latest Kickstarter contains three new hardcover Numenera books - Voices of the Datasphere (a 'metaphysical' space), Liminal Shore (a new continent on the Ninth World), and Edge of the Sun (secrets of why the sun hasn't swallowed the earth yet, a billion years from now).

56d2af7b6ef83bd48ed3eda9a258897b_original.jpg

"Explore a vast new realm. Uncover never-before-revealed secrets of how the ancients shaped the Ninth World. Face the legacy of those secrets—and, possibly, the utter destruction of the Ninth World. The Numenera: Liminal Shores Kickstarter seeks to fund three thematically linked, hardcover sourcebooks containing all new material for the award-winning phenomenon of the Numenera tabletop RPG."

Already at 170K after two days, this looks sure to be another of MCG's half-million-dollar Kickstarters. You can get all three books in PDF for $50, or hardcover for $135.

5a714f7bc54eb7028ee039d41e7c69c7_original.jpg
b045c1c4012386fe1435a47942f1e007_original.jpg
231539e7821387a0eb89c7b515bbde63_original.jpg

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I'm curious to see how much money fans, and other people who are influencial, will poor into a game setting and rules system they do not really use.

Retreater

Legend
I've yet to have a good experience with Numenera. Having learned my lesson, I refused to join my friends' group at a GenCon event. They all ended up walking out. Even MCG's official GMs don't seem to know how to run this system.
There was a time I was curious to get Numenera. Then they announced the new edition. Then I tried that, and found they hadn't changed the mechanics, which I think are just awful.
I'm not trying to criticize people who enjoy it. I'm just saying let the buyer beware and really look at the system before backing this project.

Remove ads

Remove ads