D&D (2024) New One D&D Playtest Document: 77 Pages, 7 Classes, & More!

Updated classes, spells, feats, and more!

There's a brand new playtest document for the new (version/edition/update) of Dungeons of Dragons available for download! This one is an enormous 77 pages and includes classes, spells, feats, and weapons.

In this new Unearthed Arcana document for the 2024 Core Rulebooks, we explore material designed for the next version of the Player’s Handbook. This playtest document presents updated rules on seven classes: Bard, Cleric, Druid, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, and Rogue. This document also presents multiple subclasses for each of those classes, new Spells, revisions to existing Spells and Spell Lists, and several revised Feats. You will also find an updated rules glossary that supercedes the glossary of any previous playtest document.

Bard lost song of rest. Both versions.

Instead the bard can now chose all spells from arcane, divine or primal (one of them up to 9th level, all of them after 10th).

It is back to being a known caster.

I rather had liked them to only be able to chose from the 4 spell schools at lower levels and then all at level 10.

So now it is possible to have a bard that does not heal at all and one that is quite some offensive spellcaster.

Lets see how that turns out.

(I think the bard should get the old song of rest back... just connected to the inspiration die and done).

darjr

I crit!
Pretty much knew this was coming. I hate having players paging thru the MM..... But I get why people didn't like the alternative we were given....
They have to pre select the forms and only get 3. Tell them to do it when they get the power and print them out.

Me? I like that and would open it up. 3 seems like an arbitrary limit.

Oh also no more free temporary hit points. You go in with what you have and leave with what you have left. That's appreciated.

Asisreo

Patron Badass
Monks look decent at a glance. I know stunning strike mains are going to consider the class dead now, but for someone that likes to invoke other strategies, the monk has gotten pretty good.

The 4-elemonk is much less ki-starved, which is cool, but at the cost of their utility and customization being axed hurts alot. They can't even NOVA.

Their Empty Body got nerfed hard too. The Astral Projection wasn't important but the loss of invisibility sucks.

Remove ads

Remove ads